LW1.4 Hit and Run not triggering after Run & Gun

Enenion

LW1.4 Hit and Run not triggering after Run & Gun

Post by Enenion »

I'm having an issue where the Assualt Perk Hit and Run is not triggering from shots against flanked foes after using Run & Gun.

Looking at the description of the skill it looks like it is supposed to give you another action point after shooting a target that is flanked or exposed with a standard shot, and it does seem to work from a standard move, but it appears to not work after using Run & Gun.

Here is an example: http://imgur.com/a/wQsA7
The first image shows initial Soldier position showing he has Hit and Run
Then Soldier Blue moves and shoots flanked Advent Sargent (Hit and Run triggers)
After a reload, Soldier Uses Run & Gun, Blue moves to the same position and shoots flanked Advent Sargent (Hit and Run does not trigger)
After another reload, Soldier Uses Run & Gun, Yellow moves adjacent to Advent Sargent and shoots flanked Advent Sargent (Hit and Run does not trigger)

Is this intentional or is it a bug caused by the fact that Run & Gun gives you an extra action and Hit and Run gives you an extra action "Once per turn"?
Last edited by Enenion on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyzak

Re: LW1.4 Hit and Run not triggering after Run & Gun

Post by Lyzak »

I suggest mousing over the little <?> icon on the ability.

You can also read about it here: http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Assault_(LW2)

"Hit and Run cannot be used after Run and Gun is activated"
Enenion

Post by Enenion »

That makes sense then. Thanks for the answer.
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

I'll add a question here, what counts as "Flanked or Exposed"? In LW1 Mechtoids and Berserkers were "Exposed" and could be hit and run.

In LW2, I think MECs are NOT exposed, or at least HitnRun doens't work on them. I'm guessing the same will be true for Sectopods, Drones, Berserkers, Chrysallids, etc. Ie Only enemies that can take cover can actually be considered flanked or exposed. Is that right?
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

stefan3iii wrote:I'll add a question here, what counts as "Flanked or Exposed"? In LW1 Mechtoids and Berserkers were "Exposed" and could be hit and run.

In LW2, I think MECs are NOT exposed, or at least HitnRun doens't work on them. I'm guessing the same will be true for Sectopods, Drones, Berserkers, Chrysallids, etc. Ie Only enemies that can take cover can actually be considered flanked or exposed. Is that right?
Yup. It's one of the reasons why "Hit and Run vs Close and Personal" is even a choice. Close and Personal gets you extra actions when shooting enemies that can't take cover up close.
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

nmkaplan wrote:
stefan3iii wrote:I'll add a question here, what counts as "Flanked or Exposed"? In LW1 Mechtoids and Berserkers were "Exposed" and could be hit and run.

Yup. It's one of the reasons why "Hit and Run vs Close and Personal" is even a choice. Close and Personal gets you extra actions when shooting enemies that can't take cover up close.
Yeah the trade off is actually reasonable. When I first saw the 1.3 patch notes I thought Hit And Run would work on basically everything in the game, since there are no flyers, which would be wildly overpowered.
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

Interestingly, I just used R&G to take a single shot, and then commanded my assault to take two additional shots with H&R. I'd assume CE would proc as well.

I'm not 100% sure it's intended, since the wording says they can't be used after R&G is "activated", but I suppose at the moment of the Command it's no longer "active" and things like the Killer Instinct critical damage won't apply, so H&R/CE can apply.

Anyway, it's very powerful to have an assault R&G and then be commanded in this way for 3 close-ranged shots total that turn.

(You could do it with Rapid Fire for 4 shots total 2 targets, but meh I don't think I'll ever use Rapid Fire now that H&R is available.)
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.