No Combat Fitness for Assaults?

IslamDunk

No Combat Fitness for Assaults?

Post by IslamDunk »

As far as I know, Assaults do not have Combat Fitness in their skill tree, and without the help from AWC they cannot gain the skill.
For me, it looks weird because Rangers and Gunners have guaranteed access to the skill while Assaults, one of the main frontline units don't.

I would like to know other's opinion about replacing Lethal Skill with Combat Fitness Skill.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: No Combat Fitness for Assaults?

Post by chrisb »

I don't think combat fitness helps an assault the same way it does Ranger/Gunner. But even on those classes there's typically a better perk to pick. It's ok, but I sure wouldn't want to give up Lethal for it.
IslamDunk

Post by IslamDunk »

I see the reason for not giving up Lethal. Aw, but I would love to have a tanker Assault! :cry:
DonCrabio

Post by DonCrabio »

You can be lucky and roll Combat Fitness in AWC :)

Speaking about last tier skills, how bad actually Street Sweeper now?
Doctor Sticks

Post by Doctor Sticks »

I would actually just mod out Combat fitness from the perk trees, and give those guys Lethal or something.

CF seems like a perk that anyone should be able to get, since it is, you know, just fitness. And I never picked it anyways, since it is up against Killzone, Rupture, Saturation, and Traverse. Tough competition. Lethal fits much better for a ranger anyways, and is a more interesting choice, one that can compete with the other perks.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

The most tangible bonus of combat fitness seems to be the two hp, so it's mostly used to just kind of fill out a tank build with some stats, or push a squishy character out of the danger zone. It seems rather uninteresting though, even worse it seems underpowered, does anyone wanna vouch for its usefulness? I wonder if there are any plans to change it, or if it's an ever useful placeholder.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Manifest wrote:The most tangible bonus of combat fitness seems to be the two hp, so it's mostly used to just kind of fill out a tank build with some stats, or push a squishy character out of the danger zone. It seems rather uninteresting though, even worse it seems underpowered, does anyone wanna vouch for its usefulness? I wonder if there are any plans to change it, or if it's an ever useful placeholder.
Combat Fitness is great for overwatch Rangers. Rupture and Kill Zone synergize poorly with Rapid Reaction. More hp, aim and movement all synergize well with Rapid Reaction and every other overwatch perk you can pick.

For a suppression Gunner, Combat Fitness is a less obvious choice than Traverse Fire, but it's stilll good. Traverse Fire is nice on missions where you stay still the entire time, but if you need to move and suppress or reload and suppress, it loses some viability.
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

I would be okay with CF replacing Street Sweeper, which is stupid-broken even after the latest changes.

I would also be okay with it replacing Bring 'Em On.

But eh, I realize those skills exist for people who want them and are unlikely to be replaced with CF. I go CCS and Lethal on practically all my assaults anyway.
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.