Disoriented Andromedon used acid grenade

Halafu

Disoriented Andromedon used acid grenade

Post by Halafu »

Had a nasty surprise on a VIP extract when an Andromedon that I had disoriented with an arc thrower proceeded to fire his acid grenade on three soldiers and the VIP.

I had read in the patch notes that powerful enemies have a chance to resist flashbangs. Thought I was safe using an arc thrower. Even worse, there was no message indicating that the Andromedon was unaffected.

How are these enemies being reliably controlled now? Stasis? Frost grenade?

Thanks
Daergar

Re: Disoriented Andromedon used acid grenade

Post by Daergar »

Halafu wrote:Had a nasty surprise on a VIP extract when an Andromedon that I had disoriented with an arc thrower proceeded to fire his acid grenade on three soldiers and the VIP.

I had read in the patch notes that powerful enemies have a chance to resist flashbangs. Thought I was safe using an arc thrower. Even worse, there was no message indicating that the Andromedon was unaffected.

How are these enemies being reliably controlled now? Stasis? Frost grenade?

Thanks
I just know from painful experiences that the more powerful the alien the less they care about being de-buffed, such as the Archon having no issue being on fire while it slaughters your little assault who thought she was safe.

Shoot it in the head, twice. Only way to be certain.
bountygiver

Re: Disoriented Andromedon used acid grenade

Post by bountygiver »

this is vanilla behaviour, you can't stop andromedons from using acid blobs short of killing it or stunning it.