Where am I going off-track?

chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: Where am I going off-track?

Post by chrisb »

Franzy wrote:If I understood correctly, they do not remove exp from RNFs, you just can't farm more xp than base xp from the mission.
This is correct. If you kill 7/10 of the enemies on the original mission schedule, then killing the first 3 RNFs would grant xp.
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

Interesting balance change. Killing one, possibly two pods of RNF's is usually baked into the cost of doing many of the GOPs now, so what this means is players should get out as quickly as they can safely and not bother wiping the last pod or two on the map if it can be avoided. Seems we'll be incentivizing high mobility and quietly rushing to the objective more than is currently the case.

Thematically fitting I suppose, but I'm sad that it makes nest snipers and 14 mobility guys and Traverse fire and such more of a liability for GOPs.
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

chrisb wrote:
Franzy wrote:If I understood correctly, they do not remove exp from RNFs, you just can't farm more xp than base xp from the mission.
This is correct. If you kill 7/10 of the enemies on the original mission schedule, then killing the first 3 RNFs would grant xp.
Chris, how are the retaliation and special cases handled?

For example, the Haven defense where it's only RNFs? Does this whole mission now yield zero kill XP or is it exceptioned?

City defense RNFs? Avenger defense RNFs?
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Alketi wrote:
chrisb wrote:
Chris, how are the retaliation and special cases handled?

For example, the Haven defense where it's only RNFs? Does this whole mission now yield zero kill XP or is it exceptioned?

City defense RNFs? Avenger defense RNFs?
You get mission and kill xp equal to 8 + region strength.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

sadh wrote:I love this game and mod so much (obviously -- since I keep playing despise *losing* most campaigns!), it would just be great to be able to win. Would appreciate any advice or recommendations.
Yeah, it's a thing: restarting LW2 campaigns is part of the normal experience. I tried to read up everything I could from wikis and guides to understand the mechanics before starting. I still had to restart lots of times after days of play time investment. It's painful to lose all that time because of a strategy layer misplay (like "hey you should have spent intel to boost for those multiple scientists instead of that 8th region") long ago but the tactical layer is fun.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd