FL for Alien Rulers in 1.4?

nmkaplan

FL for Alien Rulers in 1.4?

Post by nmkaplan »

I am playing with the DLC (Alien Hunters and Shen's Last Gift) installed, but the story missions turned off. Under this configuration, is there a Force Level required for the Rulers to start showing up?

I am also a little worried: when I was playing a 1.1 campaign, the Viper King showed up normally, but then 1.2 was released and I never saw another ruler. I'm concerned that the 1.3 -> 1.4 update might have done the same, though I havne't seen the Viper King show up at all.

Is anyone else playing with this configuration, and can confirm that the rulers are showing up?
JM01

Re: FL for Alien Rulers in 1.4?

Post by JM01 »

nmkaplan wrote:I am playing with the DLC (Alien Hunters and Shen's Last Gift) installed, but the story missions turned off. Under this configuration, is there a Force Level required for the Rulers to start showing up?

I am also a little worried: when I was playing a 1.1 campaign, the Viper King showed up normally, but then 1.2 was released and I never saw another ruler. I'm concerned that the 1.3 -> 1.4 update might have done the same, though I havne't seen the Viper King show up at all.

Is anyone else playing with this configuration, and can confirm that the rulers are showing up?
As far as I have been able to tell the Alien rulers don't show up in timed missions anymore (the majority of them anyway). Seems like they mainly show up on supply raids, HQ Assaults or Facility Raids. Would be kind of crazy to run into one on something like a jailbreak XD.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

JM01 wrote:
nmkaplan wrote:I am playing with the DLC (Alien Hunters and Shen's Last Gift) installed, but the story missions turned off. Under this configuration, is there a Force Level required for the Rulers to start showing up?

As far as I have been able to tell the Alien rulers don't show up in timed missions anymore (the majority of them anyway). Seems like they mainly show up on supply raids, HQ Assaults or Facility Raids. Would be kind of crazy to run into one on something like a jailbreak XD.
Yeah I knew that. Remember when they were allowed to show up on Network Tower missions? :shock:

In any case, I've done quite a decent number of untimed missions (2 supply raids, 1 HQ, 1 troop column, and a UFO landing) and no sign of the big Daddy Viper.
SoSmooth

Post by SoSmooth »

I have DLC set up similarly to you. I had the viper king show up and then berserker queen came about 1-2 months later.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

What month of the game are we talking about? Also did you start this campaign under 1.3 (pre-1.4)? Or after 1.4 was released?
SoSmooth

Post by SoSmooth »

I started campaign in 1.2. I'm in November I think. I believe the two rulers came in September and October
SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare »

nmkaplan wrote: Yeah I knew that. Remember when they were allowed to show up on Network Tower missions? :shock:
Technically, Network Tower Missions aren't "Timed Missions" in the strictest sense. They just have unbeatable death reinforcements after a while.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Update! The Viper King did show up for me for the first time on October 14th... on an Avenger Defense mission :shock: :shock: :shock: