Walking through solid things,easy to fix?

sentinel

Walking through solid things,easy to fix?

Post by sentinel »

My team camps on a rooftop in half cover.
Instead of putting the rifle on the balcony,kneeling behind it to shoot they stand up right in the solid brick wall to shoot.
Standing behind cover would also be acceptable but the current animation is painful to watch.
Also breaks immersion for me.
How difficult would it be to make that more realistic?
Dlareh

Re: Walking through solid things,easy to fix?

Post by Dlareh »

Ask Firaxis.
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
Steve-O

Re: Walking through solid things,easy to fix?

Post by Steve-O »

Agreed. This isn't something Pavonis (or any modder) can fix.

I can only assume Firaxis is aware of the issue and decided it wasn't worth fixing. It happens WAY TOO OFTEN for any half-way competent QA to have missed it. Speaking as a half-way competent QA myself, however, I'm painfully familiar with the fact that some bugs are just too much trouble for too little benefit to be worth fixing.

In this particular case, the additional animations required (not to mention the added logic to know which animation to use in any given position, and the requisite testing to ensure it was all working as expected and not causing other issues) were probably judged to be too much effort for something that relatively few people would actually decline to purchase the game because of. (Firaxis is a business, as are all game studios, at the end of the day.)

C'est la vie!