Idea for psi rookies (QOL improvement)

Mobtank

Idea for psi rookies (QOL improvement)

Post by Mobtank »

I really like that psi offence becomes visible when you do sectoid autopsy as it helps greatly with panning ahead and avoid wasting good psi potential. However, I feel that it could be made to work significantly better with just a small tweak: make Alien Biotech the research project that reveals this stat.

It makes a lot of sense lore wise since it's research into a brain implant linked to a psycic network and that should resonably give Xcom the ability to do rudimentary scans to determine people's psycic ability.
It would also make planning your soldier training a lot better since even if sectoid autopsy is early, you typically manage to put several rooks through boot camp before you finish it (likely getting 1 or 2 really good psi candidates without knowing).
Lastly, it wouldn't (I think, with my limited understanding) require anything major in coding, just a change of which project acts as a trigger for the stat to become visible.

On an unreleated note, has anyone run into a full muton football team? I miss the great "o shit!" moments in LW1 when that happened :lol:
Dwarfling

Re: Idea for psi rookies (QOL improvement)

Post by Dwarfling »

Mobtank wrote:On an unreleated note, has anyone run into a full muton football team? I miss the great "o shit!" moments in LW1 when that happened :lol:
Triple Muton pods? Ayep. Nothing a good ol' flamethrower and an incendiary grenade couldn't take care of.
Mobtank

Post by Mobtank »

No friend, not triple mutons, octople mutons.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Biggest mutton pod I've seen is only 5.