The chosen!!!

pipelad

The chosen!!!

Post by pipelad »

OMG so they just anounced the war of the chosen, the xpansion, new clases, new enemies and so on! woo
cryptc

Re: The chosen!!!

Post by cryptc »

Will 1.5 support th....

okay maybe too soon :D hyped though :D
MrStraw

Post by MrStraw »

Shit, I missed the trailer because I was playing XCom. The irony!

Is there a link to the trailer?
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

MrStraw wrote:Shit, I missed the trailer because I was playing XCom. The irony!

Is there a link to the trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ

EDIT: Oops wrong link, updated

I really hope Long War can be updated to work with this
Doctor Sticks

Post by Doctor Sticks »

Not much was revealed, so don't worry too much.

Three new classes, new enemies, bosses (not sure if they will be like the Alien Rulers).

Of course, we all want to know how PI intends to handle it, since that would bring the total classes to 11, if they just added them in.
What I am most curious about is whether or not they intend to alter the storyline in anyway, since in the trailer, there was a woman who appeared to be freeing the commander.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

Yeah I think we should SUMMON THE DEVS.

uh em......

When is the next release?

See, now they have to come here and kill some rookies.
MrStraw

Post by MrStraw »

Ok they posted it on facebook. Looks cool. I imagine something like Xcom Apocalypse, although I never got to play it, but I read about it.
MrStraw

Post by MrStraw »

sarge945 wrote:Yeah I think we should SUMMON THE DEVS.

uh em......

When is the next release?

See, now they have to come here and kill some rookies.
August 29
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

MrStraw wrote:August 29
haha I know. I just hope someone like JL can come and explain their plans for dealing with this. Obviously I doubt everyone will have the DLC, which could make things difficult
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

Another interesting thing I noticed: In the trailers, a lot of the XCOM operatives are using what looks like SMGs. I wonder if these SMGs will clash with the ones in Long War 2?
pipelad

Post by pipelad »

from what i was able to see from the xcom site, before it crashed, there are 3 chosen, 3 new "rebel factions" with 3 hero soldiers whatever that means, one of this factions is half advent, i find that awesome, and about 5 new enemy types. also from the video one could deduce some new weapon types. Also from the conference, one of the new enemy types, the lost, are "neutral" or a third party as they will attack not only xcom but also advent it seems.
TheCiroth

Post by TheCiroth »

The steam page has a lot of information http://store.steampowered.com/app/59338 ... of_Chosen/
pipelad

Post by pipelad »

"soldiers can develop bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks" hope they improve on the skill ui, because the buttons are going to be never ending.
xmd1997

Post by xmd1997 »

Holy crap, Advent Pyro units! :shock: . Makes me wonder how Pavonis will balance them in LW2, that is if they do decide to convert the expansion pack. ;)
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

So if I did understand that right, in one mission you can have Advent, then XCOM, next to one of the Chosen, afterwards comes a horde of the Lost for good measure and if that wasn't enough, an Alien Ruler can pop up to bring some spice into our lives.

That sounds promising, as well as the 3 additional factions. Resembles a bit the idea in Phoenix Point where when you get closer to one of the factions, you get unique technologies and abilities.
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

https://xcom.com/news/entries/xcom-2-ex ... -august-29

Sounds like some decent strategy level game changes:
ENHANCED STRATEGY LAYER

Manage XCOM’s relations with factions and counter The Chosen’s operations from the Avenger. Employ new Resistance Orders to prioritize your personal strategy. Soldiers, scientists, and engineers can now be deployed for Covert Actions that award supplies and boost faction favor if successfully completed.

GREATER CUSTOMIZATION & REPLAYABILITY

Soldiers can develop bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks. The SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every mission provides a unique challenge. Advanced campaign options allow for finer adjustments to game length and difficulty.
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

Can I tweet at Jake Solomon to give the Long War team some money to keep working on their mod with this add-on? Or directly to 2k?

I know they might even do it just because they are awesome but they totally deserve financial backing.
Last edited by JackDT on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frei_Ninjesus

Post by Frei_Ninjesus »

If one bought the seasons pass way back when XCOM 2 was launched, will the expansion be covered by it? (I know it probably won't, wishful thinking here)
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Frei_Ninjesus wrote:If one bought the seasons pass way back when XCOM 2 was launched, will the expansion be covered by it? (I know it probably won't, wishful thinking here)
Definitely not. They clearly announced the 3 DLCs that would be covered. This one is an expansion pack like EW so we'll have to buy it (and we will since we are hopelessly addicted :roll: )
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

By the way, the new achievements for the expansion pack are already on Steam. There are a few interesting ones:

Zombies in a Barrel
Get 15 Headshots against Lost in a single turn

Thoughts - we will be able to target body parts?

Born in the Darkness
Get four kills from Shadow mode with a Reaper in a single mission

Thoughts - And you thought Stealth was overpowered in Long war 2 version 1.2

It Takes Two
Form a level 3 bond between two soldiers

Thoughts - There will be different stages of a bond. Interesting.

Weary Warriors
Complete a mission with all Tired soldiers and no casualties

Thoughts - So fatigue makes a comeback from Long War 1? Seems like Long War 2 will have difficult time adapting to the expansion.

No One Left Behind
Rescue a soldier who was captured by the Chosen

Thoughts - I wonder why and how will the chosen capture soldiers. From the trailer it seems they only want to kill them.

There are a few more achievements as well.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

8wayz wrote: Zombies in a Barrel
Get 15 Headshots against Lost in a single turn
I'm more interested in the sheer number of enemies, personally - not only is it quite rare in vanilla XCOM 2 for 15+ enemies to be active at once, period, but to not just kill 15 of them, but to kill 15 of them in a specific way in a single turn seems like an awful lot of firepower that you need to have. I'm wondering if there's some new system for handling a 'swarm' of units, instead of treating them all individually?
Thatsxcombaby

Post by Thatsxcombaby »

Oh crap! Is this expansion going to break the Long War 2 mod?
Maebalzurakin

Post by Maebalzurakin »

So it turns out that the Chosen, ancient enemies of the Etherials, speak English!!!! Now it makes perfect sense why the Etherials attacked Earth.
foreverdead

Post by foreverdead »

The chosen dont seem to be enemies of the etherials, I thought they were champions
Doctor Sticks

Post by Doctor Sticks »

I have wondered why, up until now, we never faced anyone who sort of "represented" Advent. We are told that it is a hierarchical organizations, but all we ever face are advent mobs and some aliens. Who is actually running things? I cannot imagine a Muton holding sales meetings, so there must be some leaders there. Humans might have some influence, but surely there must be a liason between the Ethereals and, say, Advent Officers.

Perhaps these Champions have been there the whole time, serving as generals in the war.

Does this mean Avatars are getting buffed? Because these Chosen should not be more powerful than the Elders themselves, especially ones who have their new fancy bodies.

The Chosen are almost certainly not enemies of Advent.