Question about Sectoid Commander mind control

Omeletteville

Question about Sectoid Commander mind control

Post by Omeletteville »

I had a couple soldiers mind controlled by a sectoid commander in a mission earlier. It's the first time I've seen a Sectoid Commander manage to mind control 2 soldiers at once, and he panicked another one on top of that. In addition, the two mind controlled guys were flanking the poor panicked fella and he didn't seem to stand much of a chance. So i flashbanged the two mind-controlled guys, they missed their target, and I managed to kill the Sectoid Commander the next turn.

So they're freed from mind control, but they're disoriented. And they stay disoriented... for the rest of the mission. Is this a result of the mind control? Or is it a lingering effect of the flashbang on account of the game forgetting to free them from the disorientation? Seems like it could come up a lot, seeing as flashbangs are a good way of dealing with mind controlled soldiers.
Kyrsoh

Re: Question about Sectoid Commander mind control

Post by Kyrsoh »

This is a bug from vanilla.

If you flashbang any of your mind-controlled soldiers or mind control an alien with a psi operative then flashbang it they may be disoriented for the rest of the mission IF mind control is lost while they are flashbanged.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Kyrsoh wrote:This is a bug from vanilla.

If you flashbang any of your mind-controlled soldiers or mind control an alien with a psi operative then flashbang it they may be disoriented for the rest of the mission IF mind control is lost while they are flashbanged.
Can this be worked around with console commands?
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

It's fixed in 1.5, for what it's worth:

"- Fix effects not ticking after a unit is mind controlled."
Omeletteville

Post by Omeletteville »

nmkaplan wrote:It's fixed in 1.5, for what it's worth:

"- Fix effects not ticking after a unit is mind controlled."
Excellent. I thought I remembered seeing it mentioned somewhere.