Can something be done about pods spawning too close to each other?

Iridar51

Can something be done about pods spawning too close to each other?

Post by Iridar51 »

Here's an example from Gatecrasher:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 58749F398/

I don't want to have to deal with this. I don't care if "it's XCOM". Pods should be distributed around the map, period. What can I do to make it happen?
8wayz

Re: Can something be done about pods spawning too close to each other?

Post by 8wayz »

Those pods are patrolling. Even if you offset the minimum range at 20 tiles (for example), the pods will still move on the map and cross paths sooner or later. On the other end of the spectrum, if you wait for a patrolling pod to move out of sight, sometimes you won't see it again till the end of the mission.
Iridar51

Post by Iridar51 »

8wayz wrote:Those pods are patrolling. Even if you offset the minimum range at 20 tiles (for example), the pods will still move on the map and cross paths sooner or later. On the other end of the spectrum, if you wait for a patrolling pod to move out of sight, sometimes you won't see it again till the end of the mission.
Timers are a problem, though.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

There were a problem in 1.2, in 1.4 there are a lot more forgiving. You may spend some time going to one flank and trying to ambush one of those pods.

It is doable, though sometimes both pods randomly decide to continue in the same direction.

Also when they converge like that they are just asking for an AOE attack.