Fire control and lightning reflexes

Sparky79

Fire control and lightning reflexes

Post by Sparky79 »

I looked around and someone else also asked this question but it wasnt answered - does Fire control PCS prevent firing on units with lightning reflexes?
IslamDunk

Re: Fire control and lightning reflexes

Post by IslamDunk »

I believe Fire Control lets the user take a reaction fire against the target, if the hit chance is at or higher than x%. It does not check whether the target has the Lightning Reflexes or not, it only checks the hit chance.

So if a moving unit with Lightning Reflexes has run too many Overwatches and is about to face the Fire Control user's OW, then the Fire Control user may take a reaction fire against that unit, since it has lost most or all of LR bonus so the hit chance is likely to meet the condition.

Edit : It seems that Fire Control does not affect Suppression.
Sparky79

Post by Sparky79 »

Yes, fire control sets a chance to hit threshold for shooting and if two other units shot at lightning reflex unit it will fire, but if that hasnt "used up" its lightning reflexes - will fire control prevent fire?
Or will it see the lightning reflex unit as 0% hit chance and not bother shooting?

To help make my point - rangers rapid reaction can fire up to 3 times if it hits - a grand archon with lightning reflexes moves, ranger shoots, misses and ... thats it. Would putting fire control on that ranger mean that he ignores the archon and shoots other units that dont have LR?

Sorry if I wasnt clear.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

As far as i know, no. It checks the chance to hit before LR is applied. Conceptually, LR triggers after the OW shot as the soldier "dodges" the shot.

Keep in mind that some Aliens/ADVENT also have Fire Control and you sure wouldn't want them to ignore your LR assault :)

Grazing fire can help you against those LR guys but yep, Greater Archons are annoying as hell for OW Rangers.
Sparky79

Post by Sparky79 »

Yeah. Thanks for the help anyway mate. :)