Supporting Pavonis

xf100t

Supporting Pavonis

Post by xf100t »

I honestly love your guys' work, but I don't feel like I have a way to support it. XCOM and XCOM2 are the only real games I play nowadays, and they are really only worth playing because of the replay ability and variety that mods have given them. I understand that there is a wariness of profiting off of mods, and maybe there are agreements in place that prevent getting support to mod teams, but given how much I enjoy these mods, I wish there was a clearer way to support this project. I just want to help keep you guys going, you know? The mod community here is excellent, I wish there was a way to create a communal fund or something to help modders out financially.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Supporting Pavonis

Post by johnnylump »

johnnylump wrote:Thanks for your interest in supporting us.

First of all, our XCOM2 mods were commissioned by 2K, so by some measure you did pay for them when you bought XCOM 2 (to the tune of some fraction of a penny, I reckon), so it would be inappropriate to also solicit donations for them.

Our work on the original Long War was all volunteer, so we do have paypal links up over on the Nexus for those who want to support us.

There will also come a time when we will either be going out for crowdfunding for Terra Invicta or putting it on sale; everyone is invited to follow our progress and buy the game once it's published :). We've got a mailing list signup set up on the homepage for people who want updates.
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

FWIW, I think if you continue to work on Long War 2 long past the point they were sending you checks or whatever, it wouldn't be inappropriate to take donations/patreon/whatever.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Technically speaking, can we not make contributions for Long War 1 via the Mod Nexus?

Are you still set to receive donations from over there?
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

8wayz wrote:Technically speaking, can we not make contributions for Long War 1 via the Mod Nexus?

Are you still set to receive donations from over there?
Read the JL's post again :-)
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Bunch of games coming out lately (Crossout, Gwent, Orcs must Die) yet I still find myself coming back to LW2 over and over. Tells you something about what's been done over here. There's still so much I want to try on my next campaigns.
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

I agree fully with whats said here, and would also like some way to support your work on Long War.

2K should hire companies like Pavonis, as creative developers for Xcom. With the new expansion coming up and predicted increased sales of the game, that does mean that us players do support Pavonis via DLC purchases and playing the game which we love.

I'll highlight what Dwarfling posted:
Bunch of games coming out lately, yet I still find myself coming back to LW2 over and over.
This is my definition of a good, long term, game. And Xcom needs resources like Pavonis to make this happen.
Cogo Hatemachine - The one you love to hate
----------------------------
Hero: "- If I pull that mask off, will you die?"
Me: "- It would be extremely painful...."
Hero: "- Yer a big guy"
Me: "- ..for you"