Secondary weapon choice

Sparky79

Secondary weapon choice

Post by Sparky79 »

So this is half joking, half serious kinda thing ... have you considered giving us an option of not equipping secondary weapons in return for +1 mobility? :)

I ask because in the last play-through I used:
-gunners knife once
-snipers holotargeting - only a few times when experimenting with holotargeting sharpshooter - almost never on DFA and SS

Assaults and rangers secondary I use more often but also not all the time.

Its not a big deal, just throwing it out there. :)
Severian

Re: Secondary weapon choice

Post by Severian »

...or just equip a pistol as a secondary weapon.
RookieAutopsy

Post by RookieAutopsy »

I'd like that as an option :)
Sir_Dr_D

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

I wish there was a way to choose the secondary used for some of the soldiers.

For an assault that specializes with a rifle, it would be nice to be able to give them the double barrel.

For an infantry it would be nice to give the occasion low aim one a shot gun. But then their usual secondary is redundant. Then it would be nice to give them a holo targeter or an arc thrower or similar.

I tired in the config to allow those classes to use other secondary weapons. This allowed me to equip them on the soliders but not use them. For some reason the abilities are tied to the character class and not the weapon. That is one thing I would like, for the abilities to be tied to the weapon. So anyone who equips a sword, automatically gets slash, etc. It would allow us to customize more.
Yenreb

Post by Yenreb »

In principle it should be possible for a mod to get all the perks right. I have a vision for such a mod (which in my vision would also allow multi-classing) but no time to finish even one LW2 campaign, let alone develop and test a mod for it.
DaviBones

Post by DaviBones »

Severian wrote:...or just equip a pistol as a secondary weapon.
This would be so awesome! I play as close to default LW2 as possible, meaning zero ini tweaks, but I would break that rule in a heartbeat if the ability to replace secondary weapons with pistols was toggleable in the ini.
1remus21

Post by 1remus21 »

ive been experimenting with enabling all the weapons primary and secondary for all classes.

but the only solution i can see to making the secondary weapons usable, is to grant the applicable abilities of each secondary weapon to all of the classes. the problem with this, is you will end up with a lot of useless abilities crowding the hotbar.

ive tried mods that can give your units secondary weapons as though they were items. this then enables the abilities for those items as needed. is it possible to apply this to secondary items?
Zork

Post by Zork »

I think the point is more to replace the secondary weapon of a class by the pistol or none, not that all class can use all secondary weapons.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)