Non timed missions?

Cogo

Non timed missions?

Post by Cogo »

Hi!

Are there any non timed missions in Low war? Or missions where you get to keep all the drops on the ground?
Cogo Hatemachine - The one you love to hate
----------------------------
Hero: "- If I pull that mask off, will you die?"
Me: "- It would be extremely painful...."
Hero: "- Yer a big guy"
Me: "- ..for you"
DaviBones

Re: Non timed missions?

Post by DaviBones »

There are quite a few missions where you both do not have a timer, and collect all of the corpses and other loot upon mission completion:
  • Supply raid
  • Troop column
  • Rendezvous
  • Assault ADVENT HQ
  • Secure landed UFO
  • Some of the Golden Path missions too, I believe
There are also some missions where there is no timer, and you just need to kill a set amount of enemies, but you do not get loot afterwards. These are most of the defense-type missions where ADVENT is attacking XCOM assets.

There are also quite a few missions with "soft timers" instead of "hard timers" where you need to deal with ever-increasing reinforcements which will eventually become too strong to handle. You do not get loot on these missions.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Cogo wrote:Hi!

Are there any non timed missions in Low war? Or missions where you get to keep all the drops on the ground?
Yes, there are a few, but they don't tend to show up as often.

The two main ones that spawn somewhat randomly are the Troop Column and Supply Raid. Troop Column missions spawn in regions that have at least 4 strength, Supply Raids are a special activity where Advent is moving strength from one region to another. Taking on either one will reduce the strength of Advent as your effectively taking out one of their legions. This missions also grant corpses and any timed loot on the ground that hasn't expired will be picked up automatically. Troop column is actually the first mission you fight in Gatecrasher.

Also there are UFOs that add strength to the map, these can be assaulted to prevent the adding of that strength, which for the most part means -2 strength.

Another mission type that behaves much like the previous three are the Advent HQs. These missions are the last in a per region chain of missions and upon completion cause the region to become liberated.

The network tower is also sort of untimed. This mission is the one that comes before the HQ. Unlike the HQ there is no corpse retrieval.

Rendezvous is another one that has no timer. This is a mission that spawns in a region that has faceless and is the only means of removing faceless from havens.

Finally the Golden Path missions have no timers, but can have RNFs.
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!
Cogo Hatemachine - The one you love to hate
----------------------------
Hero: "- If I pull that mask off, will you die?"
Me: "- It would be extremely painful...."
Hero: "- Yer a big guy"
Me: "- ..for you"