Proposal: Lock loadout for specific soldiers

Studinger

Proposal: Lock loadout for specific soldiers

Post by Studinger »

Hello everyone,

first of all many thanks for this awesome mod whichs makes it to me literally impossible to play any other game than LW2 these days :)

I have just a minor issue and i hope someone could help me with it.
I am using the "strip all" buttons in the loadout screen quite often (who can afford decent gear for everyone everytime in LW2 :) ) , but i wish there were an option to "lock" the gear for specific soldiers, i.e. haven advisers. Most of the time i have tu run the rendezvous missions with basic gear, because i forgot to fit my advisers after some strip all action.
I do some roleplay as well, so my soldiers "earn" sometimes their stuff, if they do awesome work (i.e., my grenadier killed a pod of 3 with one grenade, so he was the first to get an advanced grenade launcher and he "earned" it so much, that i won't give that launcher to someone else)

Is there any chance to get such an option in 1.5 or a possibility to tweak the ini? Any mod (compatible with LW2) would be great!
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Proposal: Lock loadout for specific soldiers

Post by tracktwo »

Are you using a strip weapons/items mod or the buttons included in LW2? The ones that are included in LW2 should not strip items from haven advisers. If they are, that's a bug - they are considered to be on a mission much like infiltrating soldiers.
Studinger

Re: Proposal: Lock loadout for specific soldiers

Post by Studinger »

Ah, thanks!
I am using Xwynns Mod List:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =910737331

I will start a new campaign and test if the error without mods still occurs. Will give you feedback then.