Mind Controlled aliens do not drop corpses?

Doctor Sticks

Mind Controlled aliens do not drop corpses?

Post by Doctor Sticks »

I was doing a Troop column, and mind controlled an Advent Shieldbearer with Domination. Said shieldbearer was killed by flanking shot, but after the mission, I was not given any shieldbearer corpses. I don't remember looking for the "corpse dropped" message you normally get when you kill stuff.

Bug? Does the game forget that mind controlled aliens are still your enemies?
WanWhiteWolf

Re: Mind Controlled aliens do not drop corpses?

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

If you use mind control or hack you lose the corpse. I hacked a Sectopod and I didn't get it after the mission.

I don't know if it's intended or bug.
Last edited by WanWhiteWolf on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Interesting. I had a dominated Andromedon on a supply raid and I did some wonky stuff to make sure to kill it before killing the last remaining enemy, and I was awarded the Andromedon corpse.

But now that I'm thinking about it, the 2-stage nature of the Andromedon probably bypasses this bug, since it's the shell that drops the corpse when killed, not the alien.
Stroggus

Post by Stroggus »

Logically speaking, this should be a bug, and IIRC a vanilla one. And it is very not fun.
Kyrsoh

Post by Kyrsoh »

If you are using the Extract Corpses mod (as I do) you can't pick up any corpses which were mind controlled during the mission or raised as a zombie by a Sectoid.

So you do not get the corpse if it was:

- Killed by an explosion
- Mind controlled by any source
- Hacked then destroyed DURING the hack effect
- Raised as an undead opponent

Additionally you DO NOT GET THE LOOT if you kill a hacked drone under your control.

I think these are bugs.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Apparently that's a vanilla bug.

I also discovered that if you mind control a lancer and use it to knock another lancer unconscious, you don't get either corpse.
Stroggus

Post by Stroggus »

gimrah wrote:Apparently that's a vanilla bug.

I also discovered that if you mind control a lancer and use it to knock another lancer unconscious, you don't get either corpse.
And what is even worse that you cant target unconscious enemies. Only can kill them with explosions and not get the corpse anyway. Like whaat?