Console Command Force Haven to use weapon other than SMG

johnmaidenfootball

Console Command Force Haven to use weapon other than SMG

Post by johnmaidenfootball »

Hi,

Have unlocked to coilguns, skipping advanced lasers and mag.

Haven resistance finds faceless infiltrator mission,4 in row, all advisor using mag weapons, all or most resistance members still have SMG, usually SMG, sometimes a single shotgun or assault rifle. Faceless as a pod of 3, with 18hp faceless you can not do enough damage to kill one through regen +3 hp per turn.
Had to keep save scum restart until got a pod of 10hp faceless. Is there a bug with resistance members not advancing weapons, once 2036 comes around resistance members still using SMG does not make sense, especially because I'm at coil. Just had 4 missions like this in a row and no lasers or mags in any resistance members, I would take a laser pistol over smg.

There needs to be a way to force upgrade resistance members. The SMG use through coilguns seems unbalanced and through 2036 or at least let it pick the next or 2 tiers below. Maybe a bug with not researching advanced weapons? Playing on commander difficulty.
IS there any console commands to have resistance members at least upgrade to sten guns?
LordYanaek

Re: Console Command Force Haven to use weapon other than SMG

Post by LordYanaek »

johnmaidenfootball wrote: Have unlocked to coilguns, skipping advanced lasers and mag.
I think this is the issue.
johnmaidenfootball

Post by johnmaidenfootball »

Thank you for the reply, this has fixed it for me!

Thought that resistance would upgrade to at least laser assaults or mag assaults, didn't understand resistance wouldn't upgrade unless the advanced research was finished as well, makes sense though.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Actually, it seems like this is a bug that will be fixed in 1.5. From the patch notes for 1.5:

"- Removed Advanced Lasers tech requirement for resistance troopers to get mag weapons (when other tech gates are met)"
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

It's not a bug, it's a balance change. So yes it will change in 1.5 probably because multiple people had the same issue but currently it's working as intended.