'Kill the faceless spy' missions are boring!

sirburton

'Kill the faceless spy' missions are boring!

Post by sirburton »

Hi guys
You know those missions where you control the rebels and you have to find&kill some soldiers and faceless. Well, I used to play all these missions when they happened....but now that I'm in an advanced state of my campaign, these missions can be very very boring and hard, since the rebels are, in few words, jerks while the soldiers are quite strong. Also i'm getting one of these missions each 8-12 days.
I must admit it, i'm skipping most of them using the killallais console feature.
Here are some suggestions on how to make these missions more enjoyable:
- add some skill on the officer skill tree that gives the opportunity to have an officer joining the mission
- add a skill to the spark tree that gives the possibility to 'deploy' a spark unit (or maybe more units if available with relative skill).
Maybe something called 'spark quick deployment system' it also sound cool! And personally i'd put it in place of the 'intimidation' skill which is useless 9 out of 10 times
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
RookieAutopsy

Re: 'Kill the faceless spy' missions are boring!

Post by RookieAutopsy »

You will like the 1.5 patch notes then.

These will be optional and will remove the faceless even without you doing them. Also they can spawn all the haven's faceless in a single mission so you won't have to repeat it regularly (and they'll be of varying challenge).
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

RookieAutopsy wrote:You will like the 1.5 patch notes then.

These will be optional and will remove the faceless even without you doing them. Also they can spawn all the haven's faceless in a single mission so you won't have to repeat it regularly (and they'll be of varying challenge).
good to know that...however my spark deployment idea was kinda cool
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Unfortunately that would make the DLC required to play LW2 or those missions unbalanced (too easy) for those who have the DLC and would be somewhat redundant with Resistance MECs.

I would rather have more interesting rebels with more varied perks and equipment such as rebels with sniper rifles or swords or with Conceal (no way to abuse it on rebels) and better equipment matching (don't give smoke to the fast moving SMG guy and give the shotgun to a guy with more than 10 mobility).
Sir_Dr_D

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

I would like to see more randomness with the enemies. So it is no longer always the 2 predicatable pods wondering around.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Sir_Dr_D wrote:I would like to see more randomness with the enemies. So it is no longer always the 2 predicatable pods wondering around.
Personally I've never added any mec to my rebels due to too low success rate of the hacking. And 2 pods are already very hard to handlle with those simpletons. I'd really love a spark skill to have it joining those missions