Soldier XP Questions

oesis

Soldier XP Questions

Post by oesis »

To my knowledge soldiers get XP from completing a mission and killing enemies but I was curiosity about some specifics

1. Do all enemies give the same kill XP
2. Is mission XP based on 100% infiltration, or does over and under infiltrating a mission change how much mission XP you get.
3. Since you cannot level up twice in 1 mission, is any extra XP wasted after leveling up.
4. Is kill XP capped at 50% of mission XP, and if so does that mean killing extra units after you have reached the kill XP cap is 100% wasted.
Antifringe

Re: Soldier XP Questions

Post by Antifringe »

1) Yes
2) It's based on the number of aliens when you start the mission, not the baseline number.
3) No, extra experience is retained and you will keep leveling up every mission until your rank catches up to your xp.
4) In 1.5, kill xp will be capped at the number of aliens initially spawned on the map, so that farming RNF won't be a thing anymore. It is otherwise unlimited.

I think you are thinking about what happens when you fail a mission. Failed missions grant xp equal to half the normal xp, but only gives you credit for aliens that you actually killed. This is in addition to the normal kill xp that you always get. So if you go on a crazy 55 alien mission, and pull out after killing 6 aliens, you'll get mission xp equal to a successful 3 alien mission, plus the usual kill xp.
oesis

Post by oesis »

About # 4. I Thought I read somewhere that kill xp was capped per soldier, by mission xp. Are you saying there is currently no limit to the amount of xp 1 soldier can get in a mission by killing advent.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

oesis wrote:About # 4. I Thought I read somewhere that kill xp was capped per soldier, by mission xp. Are you saying there is currently no limit to the amount of xp 1 soldier can get in a mission by killing advent.
Kill xp is capped at the number of enemies that were on the mission schedule. So if the mission has 12 enemies, then kill xp is capped at 12 kills.
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

There seams to be XP for using skills. And even failing.
I checked several times and Hacking gets increased even if you fail a hack. Not much, but its higher next time.

Is there a way to see your skills xp? Like skills with different weapons? (Not the abilites, the I-shoot-you-with-Laser-Rifle)
Cogo Hatemachine - The one you love to hate
----------------------------
Hero: "- If I pull that mask off, will you die?"
Me: "- It would be extremely painful...."
Hero: "- Yer a big guy"
Me: "- ..for you"
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

Cogo wrote:There seams to be XP for using skills. And even failing.
I checked several times and Hacking gets increased even if you fail a hack. Not much, but its higher next time.

Is there a way to see your skills xp? Like skills with different weapons? (Not the abilites, the I-shoot-you-with-Laser-Rifle)
That is definitely not base behavior. It sounds like you have this mod installed.
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

Nope, I dont have Hack mod. I dont like cheats :p.

Test it yourself. Try hack any easy place with any soldier. Hack goes up a number or two even if fails.
Cogo Hatemachine - The one you love to hate
----------------------------
Hero: "- If I pull that mask off, will you die?"
Me: "- It would be extremely painful...."
Hero: "- Yer a big guy"
Me: "- ..for you"
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

That has never happened to me, not even once. I play with NCE turned off, so it's very easy to see if any of my soldier's hack scores are higher than they should be. I just checked, and all of them have hack scores equal to the base score for their level.