The Conspicuous Assault and the Shinobi: Dark VIP

Psieye

The Conspicuous Assault and the Shinobi: Dark VIP

Post by Psieye »

Veteran non-Ironman

Lib 3, str 3: Light enemy presence

6-man squad, including 1 rookie show up to kidnap an enemy VIP offering +1 resistance contact. I hear 2 Mecs, I only brought 2 frag grenades. The first pod was pulled safely and the laser-rifle Ranger solves the 1st Mec after a grenade shreds 1 armour. I feel a little confident so I pull the next pod (1 snek, 2 sectoids) from way far away (sniper).

From this point on, my Sgt Assault activates a new pod ever move he makes. There's no way my Shinobi is charging into this huge ball of enemies. Said Sgt never gets shot (enemy 13% hit chances) for about 3 turns. Meantime a 2nd Assault - a squaddie - fails to kill a drone at point blank range (low dmg roll) and eventually gets hit at one of those 13% chance shots. Down to 1 HP. The Sgt's luck isn't bottomless, eventually he does take a few grazes too.

During all this time? A shinobi walks up to the VIP, hunkers behind the car after walking right up to the VIP. Gets panicked by a Sectoid. Does not die from the turret and the 9 other enemies were busy running after the Sgt Assault. Wakes up next turn and punches the VIP. Still the Advent mob was chasing after the Sgt who keeps running (with lightning reflexes) from high cover to high cover.

The 1 HP squaddie is too slow (red fog) to make it, he makes a valiant stand of half a turn as a Trooper casually flanks him. But by then everyone else has dashed away.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
SamXjones

Re: The Conspicuous Assault and the Shinobi: Dark VIP

Post by SamXjones »

Psieye wrote: The 1 HP squaddie is too slow (red fog) to make it, he makes a valiant stand of half a turn as a Trooper casually flanks him. But by then everyone else has dashed away.
RIP
Jacke

Re: The Conspicuous Assault and the Shinobi: Dark VIP

Post by Jacke »

Psieye wrote: The 1 HP squaddie is too slow (red fog) to make it, he makes a valiant stand of half a turn as a Trooper casually flanks him. But by then everyone else has dashed away.
Someone somewhere must have asked about when 1.5 is coming out. >:(