Liberate them ALL! Or maybe not?

michal.4x4

Liberate them ALL! Or maybe not?

Post by michal.4x4 »

Hello there. I have put like 250+ hours into a single LW2 campaign which lead me to a situation where I have liberated all the regions but two. The problem is I'm not getting any liberation chain missions anymore. Only hack computer and smash&grab missions pop up. Is it on purpose?
JM01

Re: Liberate them ALL! Or maybe not?

Post by JM01 »

I can't say confirm this but I would imagine that this is on purpose because you wouldn't be able to generate any other missions and you may as well have just won the game at that point. I also think that there are certain campaign events in long war that require some sort of advent activity (this is a complete guess and I could be 100% wrong).

Since you have already liberated so many regions though you may as well end the game, no point in doing anything anymore. You literally can't lose now.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Actually the devs thought of this scenario: if you liberate every region, the aliens retaliate by invading EVERY REGION simultaneously.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
RookieAutopsy

Post by RookieAutopsy »

I believe that was a bug. It would be really nice if there was a liberation victory condition.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

Psieye wrote:Actually the devs thought of this scenario: if you liberate every region, the aliens retaliate by invading EVERY REGION simultaneously.
This was a bug which was fixed. They invade one region, because otherwise they couldn't generate any missions.