Suggestion: cadavers and experience according to infiltration percentage

daruperez

Suggestion: cadavers and experience according to infiltration percentage

Post by daruperez »

hi,

I would like to suggest that the collection of corpses and experience could be carried out according to the percentage of infiltration in the missions

- If you are infiltrated 0%: you receive 0 corpses and 0 experience
- If you are 50% infiltrated: you receive 50% corpses (you choose them at the end of the mission) and 50% experience
- If you are 100% infiltrated: you receive 100% cadavers and 100% experience
- If you are 200% infiltrated: you receive 100% cadavers and 200% experience or another percentage greater than 100%

This way it would help to infiltrate as much as possible and avoid missions 0% of infitration

Sorry, I use google translate :oops:

Thanks
Krosly

Re: Suggestion: cadavers and experience according to infiltration percentage

Post by Krosly »

Why force people to do 100% infiltrations on sweep missions?
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Speaking only for myself here, but I don't really need any more encouragement to go for 100% infil. Getting 100% whenever possible is generally a good idea as-is, and in those cases where going with less than 100% infil crop up (either intentionally or due to short timers) this change would only punish the player for not playing "the right way."

The change suggested here doesn't really address an inherent imbalance in strategy (the way the stealth changes in 1.3 did, for example,) it just adds punishment for not playing the game in a specific way. The great thing about Long War is that it gives you choices, so you can play the way you want to play. You don't have to infil 100%, but there will (probably) be more aliens as a result and you might lose out on one-off benefits like concealment at start. That's a choice the player makes. Maybe he chooses less infil to farm XP from aliens, but that's his choice to make. He still has to kill the aliens to get the XP, so it's not like he's getting something for nothing.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

I choose less infiltration for much more fun battles :D