Advent Strength Not Increasing

scout287

Advent Strength Not Increasing

Post by scout287 »

So I have been playing Long War 2 for about a week, and originally started on Rookie. Since the missions didn't seem too bad, I moved it to Veteran. I'm 20+ missions in, and all of my Advent strength is still at 1. I've only contacted 5 regions, but I thought that the Advent strength would move up the more missions you complete. When will this number increase? I can't find a definite answer anywhere online, or in game.
orion_winterfire

Re: Advent Strength Not Increasing

Post by orion_winterfire »

It will/should. If you're worried, there's a mod . . . LW2 Info, maybe? That will show you vigilance for each region. Since advent moves troops to regions with high vigilance, you can more easily watch for it.
I'd imagine, though, that any time now you'll get some additional strength roll in.
xmd1997

Post by xmd1997 »

Also played on rookie and can confirm that this is what I was experiencing also, restarted the game on veteran instead and noticed that advent reinforcements are a lot more active with regions being on average 2 or above. Still though, the strategic layer feels alot more easier on these lower difficulties as I've yet to face any regions with 4 or above Advent legions,this might become a problem later on in my campaign as finding corpses could be a challenge since I assume that troop columns still only spawn in regions 4 or above, did they change something in the last patch?
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

On Rookie, the aliens get new legions at a much slower rate (2 legions every 14 days instead of 10 days con Commander/Legendary). This makes a big difference in overall strength. You regions are low because ADVENT strength is low overall, and they are having trouble finding enough legions to meet all of their needs.

They also start with very few legions on Rookie, which is another reason you're seeing what you are seeing.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

I just had a game where the ADVENT strength would congregate in a single region, leaving literally one (contacted) area with 5-7 or so in May with every single other region at 1. Only time I saw a strength of 2 or higher was after an alert UFO granting a neighboring region to that focal point a single extra legion, which would immediately start the move to that high-strength region. My log files, which are now sadly deleted or I'd provide them, were showing a lot of spam about reinforcements attempting to be found for practically every region of the globe. Like, it'd be 5-10 pages straight of the same regions (of which I guess there's only 15, so it would make sense that they'd be repeating) over and over and over again.
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

Clibanarius wrote:I just had a game where the ADVENT strength would congregate in a single region, leaving literally one (contacted) area with 5-7 or so in May with every single other region at 1. Only time I saw a strength of 2 or higher was after an alert UFO granting a neighboring region to that focal point a single extra legion, which would immediately start the move to that high-strength region. My log files, which are now sadly deleted or I'd provide them, were showing a lot of spam about reinforcements attempting to be found for practically every region of the globe. Like, it'd be 5-10 pages straight of the same regions (of which I guess there's only 15, so it would make sense that they'd be repeating) over and over and over again.
If you have a save file, I bet the devs would love to see it. That smells like a bug to me.