Aren't advent rocketeers not supposed to shoot a rocket after moving?

merkmerk

Aren't advent rocketeers not supposed to shoot a rocket after moving?

Post by merkmerk »

They don't get the scatter penalties that we do, and the wiki says this is the case

I have a save with a repeatable situation where the rocketeer will in fact move and then shoot a rocket

It might be tied to trying to explode a propane tank if that helps
faket15

Re: Aren't advent rocketeers not supposed to shoot a rocket after moving?

Post by faket15 »

They can, but they only do that while flanked or when they don't have a valid target for the rocket before moving.
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

They can move and shoot the rocket. I don't think they have penalty either for move + shoot.

You need to spend 1 consumable (e.g. flash / fire grenade) if you cannot kill them.

Leaving them uncontrolled can lead to squadwipes.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

For having used an Advent Rocketeer myself (Psi Toopers are fun) i can tell you that their rocket seem to be 100% accurate. At least the UI doesn't show any scatter for them and the rocket landed exactly where i aimed after moving.

That being said, their rocket is only 3×3 tiles (the size of a basic grenade).
Saph7
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Saph7 »

Advent Rocketeers used to have various AI restrictions that made it quite hard for them to use their rocket. With time, higher level players learned to manipulate this so that they could reliably avoid rockets all campaign. One of the changes in 1.3 was to alter the AI trees to make Rocketeers/Grenadiers more dangerous. The move-and-shoot thing was one of those changes.