Bladestorm and Muton's counter doesn't make sense

EsoxGreen

Bladestorm and Muton's counter doesn't make sense

Post by EsoxGreen »

I am not exactly sure how it is as of 1.4, do Mutons still counter the Bladestorm attacks?

If so it doesn't make any sense. Bladestorm is considered a reaction attack so the overwatch penalty applies and it cannot crit. In such case the Mutons shouldn't be able to counter the reaction attack. If Mutons do counter it and it is not considered a reaction attack then the overwatch penalty shouldn't apply and it should crit.

Personally I think that Mutons definitely shouldn't be able to counter Bladestorm and it should have at least half of overwatch penalty given that there is no way to stack aim on the sword (hair trigger, Cool Under Pressure etc).
LordYanaek

Re: Bladestorm and Muton's counter doesn't make sense

Post by LordYanaek »

I don't know, i've had a shinobi Bladestorm a Muton exactly once in this campaign and he wasn't countered but i think he was just revealed by the Muton's movement so maybe the Muton was surprised and that's why he didn't counter :?

I agree they shouldn't be able to counter much like you don't have a chance to react with a Covering Fire OW on an enemy who shoots an OW shot on you. No interrupting interrupts, it's not MTG!
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

EsoxGreen wrote:I am not exactly sure how it is as of 1.4, do Mutons still counter the Bladestorm attacks?

If so it doesn't make any sense. Bladestorm is considered a reaction attack so the overwatch penalty applies and it cannot crit. In such case the Mutons shouldn't be able to counter the reaction attack. If Mutons do counter it and it is not considered a reaction attack then the overwatch penalty shouldn't apply and it should crit.

Personally I think that Mutons definitely shouldn't be able to counter Bladestorm and it should have at least half of overwatch penalty given that there is no way to stack aim on the sword (hair trigger, Cool Under Pressure etc).
I believe this is a bug, one that PI is almost certainly aware of. As far as I can tell, bladestorm will only trigger the muton counterattack if it happens **during the player's turn**. So it can happen if you activate a pod on your turn and the muton runs past the shinobi. Or it can happen using effects that force the muton to move like roust or flush. But I don't think it will happen during the enemy turn.
orion_winterfire

Post by orion_winterfire »

LordYanaek wrote:it's not MTG!
Lmao
Noober

Post by Noober »

nmkaplan wrote:
EsoxGreen wrote:I am not exactly sure how it is as of 1.4, do Mutons still counter the Bladestorm attacks?

I believe this is a bug, one that PI is almost certainly aware of. As far as I can tell, bladestorm will only trigger the muton counterattack if it happens **during the player's turn**. So it can happen if you activate a pod on your turn and the muton runs past the shinobi. Or it can happen using effects that force the muton to move like roust or flush. But I don't think it will happen during the enemy turn.
It can.
Had it twice yesterday - both on reinforcements drop near shinodi.
M2 Mutton dropped in adj square to shinobi with bladestorm - try to run - blade strom - counter attack - wounded and disoriented shinobi = ragequit
It doesn't make any sence and make bladestorm dangerous skills vs muttons.
Too bad I had it on ALL of my shinobis :-(