Shinobi Stab Animation

whitelion1284

Shinobi Stab Animation

Post by whitelion1284 »

Why bother? What was the point? I don't want to come down on somebody's work but... I'm not a fan. It's just very underwhelming.
Steelflame

Re: Shinobi Stab Animation

Post by Steelflame »

99% sure that animation is supposed to only be for the gunner's knife, but its bugged to show up on other melee attacks that it shouldn't (very notable one being the knock VIP unconscious animation).

Also, just a minor fun fact, the gunner can get Fleche from the AWC.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Actually if you check the 1.5 changes you're going to notice that it's somewhat unitended, they would up using the Gunner's stab animation on some abilities because of some issue.
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Probably has something to do with calling a general "meleeAttack()" function for certain activities (like KO'ing a hostile VIP.) For most soldiers (ie: the "default soldier template") that ends up being an animation where he cold-cocks the target with the butt of his gun, but for those few soldier classes who actually have melee weapons - oops! - I "knocked him out" by puncturing his liver with this bowie knife... I'm sure he'll be fine though.
whitelion1284

Post by whitelion1284 »

Gotcha. It makes perfect sense for the gunner-knife. And I do remember seeing the stab being unintended for >Counterstrikes< but I wasn't sure if it was completely unintended for the Shinobi which, in my perhaps not so humble opinion, it should be. The fast, terrifying overhead slash being replaced with the pokey-stabby animation just seems less than cool. And, again IMnsHO, with video games cool is the rule.