All my regions have advent strength 1

Unfawkable

All my regions have advent strength 1

Post by Unfawkable »

Okay, I recently started a new campaign on 1.4, my previous one was played on 1.2 (both played on veteran difficulty, can't bring myself to try commander yet), however I have reached July, I have 5 contacted region and 1 liberated region, and all of them have advent strength 1. It's considerably easier than playing before, in 1.2 most my regions reached 4-5 fairly quickly, but this time around only the region I was liberating reached 3 at max. Was this reduced drastically, or am I experiencing a weird bug?
Clibanarius

Re: All my regions have advent strength 1

Post by Clibanarius »

Weird bug. I've had it happen in a campaign, too. All the ADVENT legions congregate in one region. If you contact all of them, I'm sure you'll find 14 Strength 1 and one with like 7 or something. Keep the log files from this play-through and send them to Pavonis to maybe fix it.
Unfawkable

Post by Unfawkable »

Clibanarius wrote:Weird bug. I've had it happen in a campaign, too. All the ADVENT legions congregate in one region. If you contact all of them, I'm sure you'll find 14 Strength 1 and one with like 7 or something. Keep the log files from this play-through and send them to Pavonis to maybe fix it.
Ugh, so I guess I just start over. And I felt so good about succeeding for once. Will it at least fix itself once you uncover those regions?

Edit: where do I find the logs anyway? Couldn't find any pointers.
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Unfawkable wrote: Ugh, so I guess I just start over. And I felt so good about succeeding for once. Will it at least fix itself once you uncover those regions?
Or you could just enjoy the easy win, and then start over for a fresh campaign. Smoke em if you got em. ;)

I seem to recall reading that ADVENT only (or at least mostly) moves Strength to adjacent regions where vigilance is on the rise.
My guess would be this bug arises when ADVENT (for some reason) decides to put most of its strength into a region nowhere near your starting position, thus you are not running missions either there or in any adjacent regions, so ADVENT forces mostly stay put. I would assume that once you start running missions adjacent to that one really high region, whether you actually contact that region or not, ADVENT will start pouring Strength over.

I've had a similar experience on my current campaign. I started in Asia and, due to an uncharacteristically low number of region connections, I was able to liberate (LIBERATE) the New Arctic and East Asia with almost no response from ADVENT. I contacted West Asia, but put everyone to sleep and ignored the region, instead moving east into the Americas, since that's where the Golden Path missions were taking me. I had almost no other connections in Asia (I think East Asia has one connection down towards Oceania which I haven't made contact with yet.) ADVENT Strength remained very low throughout North America as I proceeded (mostly 2s) as Mexico was also only connected to Eastern & Western US. When I got down to South America things began to heat up, since that's where the Blacksite was, and it had a higher Strength for being the Blacksite, I guess. Leaving the resistance in Brazil asleep allowed me to keep most of that ADVENT Strength out of NA anyway.

A few months ago (in game,) I began waking up the Resistance in West Asia, running pure intel, on the theory that I shouldn't leave my Liberated regions unguarded against stuff in the adjacent regions. Almost immediately, Strength in West Asia began to spike up to 6 or 7. I had a couple mini-retals (one of which I had to ignore because I didn't have enough soldiers available.) Then it was Troop Convoy after Troop Convoy. I figured a full retal into East Asia was imminent if I didn't do something about this, so I've been devoting a fair number of my soldiers to keeping a lid on West Asia ever since. (Thank RNGesus that I got to coilguns before things boiled over in West Asia, otherwise I likely would have been overrun quite easily.)

My guess is that I'm looking at the same bug you are, and ADVENT was piling up Strength in Eastern Europe (I still haven't made contact there.) Due to a remarkably low number of connections between Europe/Africa and Asia, and the fact that I conveniently left West Asia dormant (thus no vigilance), ADVENT never thought to move much Strength through to the East.
Unfawkable

Post by Unfawkable »

Steve-O wrote:
Unfawkable wrote: Ugh, so I guess I just start over. And I felt so good about succeeding for once. Will it at least fix itself once you uncover those regions?
Or you could just enjoy the easy win, and then start over for a fresh campaign. Smoke em if you got em. ;)

I'd love to, but I really can't. The moment I realized there is a bug the feeling of challenge was gone and I had 0 enjoyment in continuing. So much so that I'm willing to wait for 1.5 just to not encounter the bug again.