Run & Gun + Killer Instinct + Command?

Razor

Run & Gun + Killer Instinct + Command?

Post by Razor »

I haven't tried this combo yet, but before I grab Killer Instinct for my Assault, is it possible to activate Run & Gun to get up next to a boss alien for basically a 100% critical shot, and with Killer Instinct add 50% bonus damage, THEN have my officer give my assault a command and have assault get an ADDITIONAL crit with the same 50% bonus damage? The description says the damage bonus is for the remainder of the turn, so I'm hoping that would work. If so, that could deal a MASSIVE amount of damage with one soldier.
DerAva

Re: Run & Gun + Killer Instinct + Command?

Post by DerAva »

Have to say that I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty certain that your turn basically ends after you take your first shot, so the 2nd shot after the command will probably not get the Run&Gun bonus. The reason why I think it will work this way is the way Command and Run&Gun interact with Close Encounters. Normally CE won't work after you use Run&Gun, but you can take a normal shot after R&G, then Command and get 2 more shots thanks to CE, so the game forgot that you had R&G active that turn.
Steelflame

Re: Run & Gun + Killer Instinct + Command?

Post by Steelflame »

DerAva wrote:Have to say that I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty certain that your turn basically ends after you take your first shot, so the 2nd shot after the command will probably not get the Run&Gun bonus. The reason why I think it will work this way is the way Command and Run&Gun interact with Close Encounters. Normally CE won't work after you use Run&Gun, but you can take a normal shot after R&G, then Command and get 2 more shots thanks to CE, so the game forgot that you had R&G active that turn.
I've seen cases where Command can enable Reaper and Serial to continue chains on that turn even if you failed a kill, so it may keep RnG's crit bonus going, as that is probably kept as a separate bonus.