Losing gear while training in AWC

Razor

Losing gear while training in AWC

Post by Razor »

Every time I put my soldiers in the AWC to train for new abilities, their gear becomes available for other soldiers to pick up. Since I don't always "name" all gear, some of my best soldiers pop into the AWC for a few days and then come out with standard gear, and are in a bind if I need them on an important mission. Is there a way to disable this feature, or toggle it off?
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Losing gear while training in AWC

Post by tracktwo »

Not in 1.4, but there will be in 1.5: this was something the playtesters have been asking for for a while now and I finally got around to adding it tonight. There will be a new config variable in XComUI.ini next to the existing one I added for toggling the auto-strip of wounded soldiers. It will default to false, meaning regular vanilla behavior, but if you turn it on it'll prevent inventory stripping for soldiers put in staffing slots. It applies to the GTS rookie training, Psi Op training, AWC training, and Officer training. It doesn't affect Psi level-up training or AWC respec, as these already did not strip equipment.
Razor

Post by Razor »

tracktwo wrote:Not in 1.4, but there will be in 1.5: this was something the playtesters have been asking for for a while now and I finally got around to adding it tonight. There will be a new config variable in XComUI.ini next to the existing one I added for toggling the auto-strip of wounded soldiers. It will default to false, meaning regular vanilla behavior, but if you turn it on it'll prevent inventory stripping for soldiers put in staffing slots. It applies to the GTS rookie training, Psi Op training, AWC training, and Officer training. It doesn't affect Psi level-up training or AWC respec, as these already did not strip equipment.
Thanks for the response! I was assuming it was AWC, but it may be wounded soldiers. On a related note, I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow "lock" or "bind" certain equipment to soldiers so that we can still free up all equipment in general, but anything "locked" would still remain with the soldier.
Zork

Post by Zork »

I agree with you Razor I also thought I would like bind some items to soldiers, like a check box for each equipment item. But after a second thought I don't think I would use it much because of scarcity of items and constant lack of many.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Razor wrote: Thanks for the response! I was assuming it was AWC, but it may be wounded soldiers. On a related note, I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow "lock" or "bind" certain equipment to soldiers so that we can still free up all equipment in general, but anything "locked" would still remain with the soldier.
I think there's a mod that adds a "strip all unnamed weapons" button. So you could at least "lock" primary weapons to a soldier by giving them a name. That wouldn't help with other types of equipment, though.
Zork

Post by Zork »

About weapons names, beside it's sort of non coherent with LW2 design and buying any single equipment for any single soldier, and constant shortage of equipments, it should have been weapons blueprint names if not soldiers blueprint equipment set.

You select a blueprint for your soldier and the game equips automatically everything available, for mods it could be highest level. Let see, at least 9 equipment to equip again and again, this for every mission, and any soldier. And in fact it could even be 11 equipments. Sure there's definitely decisions aspects but there's a part of routine that would be lighten a lot with a blueprints management.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)