Coping with wildly unbalanced Haven Retals ahead of 1.5?

Zork

Re: Coping with wildly unbalanced Haven Retals ahead of 1.5?

Post by Zork »

Psieye wrote:I had the luxury of a Resistance Mec and landing a Full Override on something on the one Haven Evac mission I've experienced in Commander. Actually the real luxury was the spider suit snipers who could quickly see where I didn't need to send my fast guys. I brought some Squaddie assault with armour - the plan was to Threat Assessment then Medical Protocol if said assault tagged a Faceless. Expendable fast soldiers are big for scouting and I'm happy to use the first couple of rebels to further scout the map too.
The problem of using rebels to scout is if there's a faceless. They aren't systematic in those missions, but I don't see how predict there will be faceless or not.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Scout, not tag. The rebels can't tag other rebels, you have to send a soldier to them. But tagged rebels can reveal the fog of war just fine.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Zork wrote: The problem of using rebels to scout is if there's a faceless. They aren't systematic in those missions, but I don't see how predict there will be faceless or not.
The faceless you find during retaliations are the haven faceless (the same you would eliminate with a Rendezvous mission).
One way to know whether a haven has some faceless or not is to switch it to Supply for 1 days before a supply drop. If you loose some supplies it means you have faceless. Of course you can only test one haven/drop and if you get more rebels later (through recruit, jailbreak, or hack reward) they can also be faceless but it can give you an idea of the "sanity" of a new haven.