Replacing Concussion Rockets with another skill.

Bill

Replacing Concussion Rockets with another skill.

Post by Bill »

So I am looking at replacing Concussion Rocket with another existing perk. I know it's a fairly easy ini edit so I don't need help with that but, I do need help on deciding on what to change it to. My current line of thinking is replacing the rocket with formidable, and putting either Chain shot or Walk Fire in it's old spot at SSgt. I would like to hear what more LW2 experience think though before I start tweaking a class.

As a side note I am running a couple mods that make the technical more viable to go Rocketeer
JulianSkies

Re: Replacing Concussion Rockets with another skill.

Post by JulianSkies »

Eeehhh if you must
You could utilize Steady Hands, since it's a perk that actually helps the rocket (you get a generic +10 aim not +10 to shots taken like Steady Aim or Hunker Down: Aim give) if you don't move.
Chain Shot/Walk Fire are weird choices for technicals since their secondary role (after usage of their consumables) is being a tank.
joebill

Post by joebill »

Not sure if it's a thing you can do, but maybe just take the smoke off the rocket so that it actually is useful?

EDIT - coupla other ideas:
Some kinda gas rocket.
Single-target rocket that rolls to hit, instead of scattering, but does more damage.
Last edited by joebill on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Or remove the damage/stun/daze effect so it only deploys smoke. A pure smoke rocket would have uses, especially if it was dense smoke (that'd be OP).
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

JulianSkies wrote: You could utilize Steady Hands, since it's a perk that actually helps the rocket (you get a generic +10 aim not +10 to shots taken like Steady Aim or Hunker Down: Aim give) if you don't move.
Yeah, I would LOVE to see something like that in place of concussion rocket.
Bankstercide

Post by Bankstercide »

I use the "More Technical Rockets" mod. Making the Micro-Missile or Incendiary Rocket a Perk would definitely synergize well with other Rocketeer perks as well as free up more slots for more rockets, similar to the Smoke Grenade/Flashbang perk. If I was to keep the Concussion Rocket, i'd remove the smoke effect and add a Bluescreen Bomb effect instead.

Now that I think about it, Arc Pulser would also be a much better Perk if it could also Disorient mecha.
cryptc

Post by cryptc »

joebill wrote:Not sure if it's a thing you can do, but maybe just take the smoke off the rocket so that it actually is useful?

EDIT - coupla other ideas:
Some kinda gas rocket.
Single-target rocket that rolls to hit, instead of scattering, but does more damage.
That's actually kinda cool idea, replacing smoke with gas grenade style gas... probably still wouldn't be a great pick, but I'd pick that sometimes just for the fun of it...