Proving Ground Weapon Upgrades

CryeHavok

Proving Ground Weapon Upgrades

Post by CryeHavok »

Does anyone use the proving Ground Weapon Upgrades? Being forced to do it tier by tier seems like a massive investment before you start getting a significant return.

I'm curious of others feel the same way or if I'm missing something here
Dong101

Re: Proving Ground Weapon Upgrades

Post by Dong101 »

I only used to get unlimited Elite expanded magazine. Unlimited as in as long as you have 30 supplies.
aedn

Post by aedn »

its useful if you need or want to use a large number of specific weapon mods, and are not able to get enough drop during missions. I always seem to have a limited number of expanded mags, scopes, and auto loaders, so use it typically on those mods to get the higher ranked ones.
hamds28

Post by hamds28 »

If you get the continent bonus of 33% reduced costs for Proving Grounds. Other than that, I find a mod which I use often and have 3 elite ones and upgrade that all the way. It's pretty awesome when everyone is sporting Elite Scopes, Suppressors or Extended Mags.
Zork

Post by Zork »

There's so many Proving Ground projects that I doubt any rush campaign could make any mod project with profit. If you can gain some control on Avatar project and slow down the campaign then they are definitely pretty good options, my first priority would be elite extended magazine.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

There were a few instances where the proving grounds were sitting idle and the weapon mods were the only things I could spare the resources for, so I built some. Got up to elite scopes.
Noober

Post by Noober »

Elite Exp. Mag - is the best and always done as it's the one that usefull for everyone.
Other then that - perhaps Elite Scopes for shooty clases if have enough time and spare resources.
Exquisitor

Post by Exquisitor »

I tend not to bother with making upgrades through the Proving Grounds. Supplies are in too great a demand for other things such as improved weapons and armor. I find that the Proving Grounds tend to sit idle for much of the game. If they reduced the costs of the upgrades, they and the PG might be more useful.