Infiltration base duration cost

Zork

Infiltration base duration cost

Post by Zork »

Infiltration has a base duration cost, it isn't show in first screen describing the mission which shows only the infiltration remaining time. But at next screen when you select the squad, there's an additional infiltration cost than duration from the squad, the Infiltration Base Duration.

From what comes the changes of this base infiltration cost? Most often it's 4 days at Easy, sometimes 3 days, perhaps sometimes 5 days I don't remember.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
Steve-O

Re: Infiltration base duration cost

Post by Steve-O »

The expiration time is how long before the mission will expire. This number is shown on the world map and also in the top right on the squad select screen.

The base infiltration time only appears on the squad select screen and represent how much time your currently selected squad will need to reach 100% infiltration. 4 days is the norm (at least on Rookie difficulty) for a squad of 4 or fewer men, if I'm not mistaken. The thing that gives the biggest change in base infiltration time is number of men in the squad. 4 or fewer won't make a huge difference in 1.4, but adding 5+ will ramp it up. Equipment also makes a difference, although not a huge one IME. SMGs and Chameleon suits will reduce base infiltration time, for example.

There are also some squad upgrades in the GTS that reduce overall infiltration time for larger squads. Very much worth getting.

If your base infiltration time is shorter than the mission expiration time, you'll be able to reach 100% infil before the mission expires. If it's less than half (give or take) you should be able to reach 200% infiltration. If base infiltration is longer than the mission timer, then you won't reach 100% in time and you'll need to either use intil to boost or go in under-infiltrated, and therefore face more and stronger enemies. So, that's something to keep in mind when deciding if you really want to start this mission or let it slide.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Is there a mod that calculate the 100% infil rate time with intel boost?

Currently rely on my trusty calculator ;)
Zork

Post by Zork »

Steve-O wrote:The expiration time is how long before the mission will expire. This number is shown on the world map and also in the top right on the squad select screen.

The base infiltration time only appears on the squad select screen and represent how much time your currently selected squad will need to reach 100% infiltration. 4 days is the norm (at least on Rookie difficulty) for a squad of 4 or fewer men, if I'm not mistaken. The thing that gives the biggest change in base infiltration time is number of men in the squad. 4 or fewer won't make a huge difference in 1.4, but adding 5+ will ramp it up. Equipment also makes a difference, although not a huge one IME. SMGs and Chameleon suits will reduce base infiltration time, for example.

There are also some squad upgrades in the GTS that reduce overall infiltration time for larger squads. Very much worth getting.

If your base infiltration time is shorter than the mission expiration time, you'll be able to reach 100% infil before the mission expires. If it's less than half (give or take) you should be able to reach 200% infiltration. If base infiltration is longer than the mission timer, then you won't reach 100% in time and you'll need to either use intil to boost or go in under-infiltrated, and therefore face more and stronger enemies. So, that's something to keep in mind when deciding if you really want to start this mission or let it slide.
Well let clarify I don't see something answering my question so I suppose there's something I don' get.

At squad selection screen, I have for example:
- Base Infiltration Time: 4 Days this is fixed for a mission no matter the squad side or equipment, 1 man or 8 men it's static number.
- Squad Infiltration Time: 2 Days 2H it depends of squad size and various bonus you could have
- Items infiltration Time: -1D 2H it depends of many equipments you take, a few won't change anything
- Total Infiltration Time: It's the SUM of the 3 other, in this case 5 Days to reach 100% Infiltration.
- Time left for Infiltration: It's the time you have to infiltrate.

So my question is about base infiltration time, most often its value is 4 Days, sometimes 3 Days, perhaps even some other cases. Why sometimes it's 4 days and sometimes it's 3 Days?

The problem is first screen doesn't show the base infiltration time despite it's a major information, if there's 4 Days left to infiltrate and the base infiltration is 3 Days it's hugely different than if it is 4 Days.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

The type of mission affects the base infiltration time. All other changes are applied separately (Squadsize, gear&perks).
Zork

Post by Zork »

Thanks, weird I didn't notice, but it's shown only during squad selection panel not once you selected the squad nor before selecting the squad.
Steelflame

Post by Steelflame »

Dong101 wrote:Is there a mod that calculate the 100% infil rate time with intel boost?

There is. It will show you the exact infiltration time both with and without a boost.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Steelflame wrote:
Dong101 wrote:Is there a mod that calculate the 100% infil rate time with intel boost?

There is. It will show you the exact infiltration time both with and without a boost.
Nice. What is the name of the mod?
Steelflame

Post by Steelflame »

Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Thank. Subscribed.