Firaxis, a new idea to make XCOM2 revive !

Kwic

Firaxis, a new idea to make XCOM2 revive !

Post by Kwic »

Hi,

a new idea of what might be done if technically possible :

Single scenario - downloadable - Soldiers are already selected and geared , can't change, means the same for everyone - Ironman - DOABLE ONLY ONCE (that is probably the technical difficulty)

The goal of the mission is set and can be various : take the less damages, take the less wounds, do it in the shortest turns and so on.

Make a "Hall of Fame" !

(English is not my mother-tongue, I hope you caught my thinking)
Zork

Re: Firaxis, a new idea to make XCOM2 revive !

Post by Zork »

There's the problem of the random not suiting well this approach. But I don't care about stuff like that so I'm not well positioned to comment it.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
Kwic

Post by Kwic »

Zork wrote:There's the problem of the random not suiting well this approach. But I don't care about stuff like that so I'm not well positioned to comment it.
What do you mean about the "random"?

Everyone has the same map, mobs, soldiers, time, gear, etc etc...
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Kwic wrote: What do you mean about the "random"?
Everyone has the same map, mobs, soldiers, time, gear, etc etc...
I think he means the RNG (Random Number Generation.) Two players use essentially the same tactics to score an ideal win, but one player gets screwed over by RNG - missing 90% shots left and right, important special abilities rendered useless because of a bad roll, aliens hitting on 10% shots, etc.
Kwic

Post by Kwic »

Hehe, it seems that I have been heard !

The new DLC War of the Chosen is kindish what I gussed with a challenge mode and a Global leaderboard.

You can say whatever you want about the RNG, I bet my shirt that XWinns will be the n°1 on the Leaderboar.

EDIT : I just read a bit more about this DLC: it is exactly what I gueesed ! Doable only once, Leaderboard, Smae gear for everyone.

The best thing is : you can review how the best players dit it !

I AM SO IMPATIENT !