Bug Reports: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... m.php?f=17

Good Luck Commander.

EDIT:

Mods that you should not need with 1.5:

LW2 PsiOp BugFix - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =933334693

Show Defense in Armory - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =927061576

Mods that are included in 1.3 or later:

Skulljack Feedback Fix - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =636893854

Revival Protocol and Restoration Fix - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =821147079
Last edited by deaconivory on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8wayz

Re: LW2 v1.5 is Live

Post by 8wayz »

A day before the launch of War of the Chosen. Now this is cruel - which one to play. :)

Good work team, Steam just downloaded the new patch and I will be firing up the game in a bit!
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

- MSGTS and their equivalents will now donate a third (ini-configurable) of their mission XP to the rest of the squad
This snuck in without me noticing it. Time to turbo-train more units with the 8-man GOp squad.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

Whooo hooo!!!
ginyu549

Post by ginyu549 »

Will anything in this break 1.4 saves?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

It shouldn't. Might see some small differences due to Spark tree and gear changes, but nothing huge. I did read a report that the "Show Defense in Armory" mod has a nasty conflict with our own update with that functionality, so you should turn that mod off to play LW2.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

I also turned off the "LW2 PsiOp Bugfix" mod - I assume NuSolace is all we'll ever see in 1.5

Just got a 6-crate Smash & Grab with a 5-man squad. This is awesome.

Edit: Hmm, after doing that Smash & Grab, the mission is still there with the same (almost expired) timer. Might be a hangover from 1.4->1.5, need to see if it reproduces.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

Ahaha there is no way this an accident, forcing me to choose. Damn you Pavonis.

I understand good strategy games are all about making hard choices, but this a new level, very meta.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Good jobs to PI team. Did not realise the version go live but playing experience seem to improve while playing. Thought I am getting good, than saw this. :D
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Congrats people.. a timely coincidence that should toss your MOD into (some or most) players' minds forever -- if it wasn't already! :P
imn01

Post by imn01 »

Will there be a nexus version of 1.5? I edit ini a lot, nexus version make it somewhat easier.
ginyu549

Post by ginyu549 »

johnnylump wrote:It shouldn't. Might see some small differences due to Spark tree and gear changes, but nothing huge. I did read a report that the "Show Defense in Armory" mod has a nasty conflict with our own update with that functionality, so you should turn that mod off to play LW2.
Cool, Thanks!

On the last part of the golden path, wanted to finish before WOC playthrough.

You all ROCK! Appreciate all the work!
rohirrimelf

Post by rohirrimelf »

Thanks for another big update :)
hamds28

Post by hamds28 »

In case WotC breaks things (even without buying the expansion), is there a way on Steam to lock your xcom2 game at the specific build? I won't be buying the xpac anyway because I feel like it's a money grab.
cryptc

Post by cryptc »

hamds28 wrote:In case WotC breaks things (even without buying the expansion), is there a way on Steam to lock your xcom2 game at the specific build? I won't be buying the xpac anyway because I feel like it's a money grab.
They removed the option to opt out from updating games on steam, so the only way I know is to go Offline in steam.

Might also work to schedule updates to happen outside times when your computer has internet access, but I think both those approaches has problems when you want to update some other game without xcom2 being touched...
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

hamds28 wrote:In case WotC breaks things (even without buying the expansion), is there a way on Steam to lock your xcom2 game at the specific build? I won't be buying the xpac anyway because I feel like it's a money grab.
Our understanding is that WotC won't break things -- there won't be a patch to the base game, regardless of whether you bought WotC or not.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

It looks like the Incendiary Grenade nerf doesn't actually work like the changelog says it does. Instead of 75% burn chance for tier 1 and 85% for tier 2 we have 75% for both when thrown and 85% for both when launched. Not sure whether or not the change is intended, but I think it's better this way.
hamds28

Post by hamds28 »

johnnylump wrote:
Our understanding is that WotC won't break things -- there won't be a patch to the base game, regardless of whether you bought WotC or not.
Good to know. Thanks for the clarification and the awesome work you've done so far.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

faket15 wrote:It looks like the Incendiary Grenade nerf doesn't actually work like the changelog says it does. Instead of 75% burn chance for tier 1 and 85% for tier 2 we have 75% for both when thrown and 85% for both when launched. Not sure whether or not the change is intended, but I think it's better this way.
If this is true, you should post it on the bug report forums ASAP. That said, how do you know? A 10% difference is pretty subtle and seems like that would be tough to test.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

nmkaplan wrote:
faket15 wrote:It looks like the Incendiary Grenade nerf doesn't actually work like the changelog says it does. Instead of 75% burn chance for tier 1 and 85% for tier 2 we have 75% for both when thrown and 85% for both when launched. Not sure whether or not the change is intended, but I think it's better this way.
If this is true, you should post it on the bug report forums ASAP. That said, how do you know? A 10% difference is pretty subtle and seems like that would be tough to test.
I know because I checked the game files and found this:

Code: Select all

if((GrenadeTemplate.DataName == 'Firebomb') || GrenadeTemplate.DataName == 'FirebombMK2')
            {
                K = 0;
                J0x16C1:
                // End:0x1785 [Loop If]
                if(K < GrenadeTemplate.ThrownGrenadeEffects.Length)
                {
                    // End:0x1777
                    if(GrenadeTemplate.ThrownGrenadeEffects[K].AllObjects('X2Effect_Burning'))
                    {
                        GrenadeTemplate.ThrownGrenadeEffects[K].ApplyChance = default.FIREBOMB_FIRE_APPLY_CHANCE;
                    }
                    ++ K;
                    // [Loop Continue]
                    goto J0x16C1;
                }
                K = 0;
                J0x1790:
                // End:0x1854 [Loop If]
                if(K < GrenadeTemplate.LaunchedGrenadeEffects.Length)
                {
                    // End:0x1846
                    if(GrenadeTemplate.LaunchedGrenadeEffects[K].AllObjects('X2Effect_Burning'))
                    {
                        GrenadeTemplate.LaunchedGrenadeEffects[K].ApplyChance = default.FIREBOMB_2_FIRE_APPLY_CHANCE;
                    }
                    ++ K;
                    // [Loop Continue]
                    goto J0x1790;
                }
            }
Steelflame

Post by Steelflame »

Regardless I'll probably revert the fire grenade/bomb change to my version of it.

I instead dropped the base damage of the grenade to not be the same as Plasma at a far earlier point in the game, to have the same damage spread as a rocket (2-7 instead of the 4-9).

Especially with the fact that I don't want a 75% chance of a bomb to trigger on a single tile throw (That is just BS in my opinion), but does nerf the AoE murder machine of the way too early accessible Incendiary.
Exquisitor

Post by Exquisitor »

Can I download it into an existing 1.4 game? I'm very close to the end of my current game and would like to see how the 1.5 changes affect the endgame.

Thanks for making LW2 such a fun mod. I've really enjoyed it!
Steelflame

Post by Steelflame »

Exquisitor wrote:Can I download it into an existing 1.4 game? I'm very close to the end of my current game and would like to see how the 1.5 changes affect the endgame.

Thanks for making LW2 such a fun mod. I've really enjoyed it!
It would be harder to not download it. It is an auto-update on Steam to get it, and it applies mid-campaign.
Kyrsoh

Post by Kyrsoh »

Thank you for this awesome work!

I am starting a new campaign now. :-)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Psieye wrote:
- MSGTS and their equivalents will now donate a third (ini-configurable) of their mission XP to the rest of the squad
This snuck in without me noticing it. Time to turbo-train more units with the 8-man GOp squad.
Does anyone know how this donation works?
- Is 1/3 given to every other member of the team or is a total of 1/3 distributed across all other members?
- If there are other MSGTs in the team, what becomes of the xp distributed to them in this fashion? Are they being left out, do the re-distribute or what happens?