Officer leadership: does every successful mission count?

Icarus

Officer leadership: does every successful mission count?

Post by Icarus »

Suppose I do the following:
a) build a new squad and put an existing Trial By Fire officer in, who is the lead officer.
b) after a few successful missions, I train one of the other squad members for officer (who isn't lead officer).
c) a another couple of successful missions, I pull the Trial By Fire officer. The officer from b) is now the lead officer.

When I now do a mission, which missions count towards the leadership bonuses of the officer? All successful missions from a), b) or c) onward?

I think this is critical to know when you want to decide whether to use TbF officers to groom a new squad. If you get more xp, but lose out on leadership bonuses, you may end up hurting your squad instead of helping.
Steelflame

Re: Officer leadership: does every successful mission count?

Post by Steelflame »

It is based on serving under, not with, so it wouldn't count. And all it is is a 2 mission loss, as it only takes 2 missions to max out the Trial By Fire benefit. The trade is worth it if you want to rapidly level up some squaddies to form a B or C team, or to patch up your A team a bit in the mid game.

Although leadership bonuses aren't major enough to worry about, it gives you an insanely minor advantage, but being in locked squads hurts more than the leadership bonuses help generally. About the only one really worth it is for your A team's officer to give you an edge on the long base assault missions or such, for B team officers you won't get enough benefit to care more than the value of custom designing your squad based on what the mission will need most, be a strong hacker for multiple hacking objectives (Multiple mec units, a skulljack, a lamp post, and core objective), or perhaps some high demolitions squad for destroy the objective.