Region Recapture

Jammer Six

Region Recapture

Post by Jammer Six »

On a couple occasions, I've sent my region's resistance out against spies. They've then been wiped out, leaving me with a region with zero resistance fighters in it, no adviser, no way to assign an adviser and no income or intelligence.

Is there a way to get a region that you've contacted back from zero? Is there a way to start re-building it?
Torquemada

Re: Region Recapture

Post by Torquemada »

Jammer Six wrote:On a couple occasions, I've sent my region's resistance out against spies. They've then been wiped out, leaving me with a region with zero resistance fighters in it, no adviser, no way to assign an adviser and no income or intelligence.

Is there a way to get a region that you've contacted back from zero? Is there a way to start re-building it?
You're supposed to be able to assign an advisor to bootstrap the resistance there. If you can't then it's a bug.

If nobody is there then it's normal that you don't have income or intelligence.
Jammer Six

Post by Jammer Six »

My question was is there a way to re-start production when there's nobody there?

After you lose a battle with the Faceless, and everyone is dead, is it possible to rebuild? If so, how?
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Jammer Six wrote:My question was is there a way to re-start production when there's nobody there?

After you lose a battle with the Faceless, and everyone is dead, is it possible to rebuild? If so, how?
Assign a new soldier as adviser. Soldier advisers contribute to the Recruit job in addition to searching for Faceless.
It will be slow going at first, but you will begin to regain new rebels.

Also, take note of this new change in 1.5:
1.5 patch notes wrote: - Faceless on the rendezvous mission are removed from the haven even if the mission expires. This allows them to be skipped quickly if desired, but no XP, loot, or corpses are granted.
So you can now just ignore Rendezvous missions and the Faceless spies will still be removed from your haven. The drawback is that you're passing on one of the relatively few missions that provides corpses, which can be critical in the early game. You may want to for this recovering haven anyway, though, so you can continue to build up (legit) rebels without risking them dying again.

The change was made to avoid the tedium of dealing with Rendezvous in the late game, when you don't really need the corpses and these missions just slow the game down (but you previously wouldn't want to skip them because you want to root out faceless spies.)
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Assign a soldier as an adviser and he will eventually recruit a rebel. It might take about a month though, so be patient.

There is no way to transfer rebels from other regions.
Jammer Six

Post by Jammer Six »

You can't assign an adviser to a region that has no resistance fighters.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

You used to be able to. That sounds like a bug. Can you post your savegame in the bugs forum?
Last edited by 8wayz on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Jammer Six wrote:You can't assign an adviser to a region that has no resistance fighters.
What happens when you try? Do you get an error message that says something about "an active mission in the region" or something like that? There's a mechanic that disallows moving your advisor around if there is a retal or a rendezvous detected in the region. If there is no retal or rendezvous detected, and you're getting that message, then it's likely a bug.
ozipone

Post by ozipone »

I actually had a situation during 1.4 where I lost all resistance personnel from a region because I didn't understand retaliations properly at that point. I was able to put soldier there as advisor and it took quite a while until I got first new resistance fighter there. So if you can't do it now it must be bugged somehow.