PI updating / creating weapon mod for WOTC

Torquemada

PI updating / creating weapon mod for WOTC

Post by Torquemada »

I'm surprised this hasn't been a topic here before but according to JL himself PI is making a mod for WOTC to put Laser and Coil weapons in the expansion.

This reads like they're just dipping their feet in the WOTC modding scene instead of going full-on LWOTC.

To be honest I was a bit surprised about the disclosure, it leaves me with more questions than answers:

- Is this a commissioned mod?
- Are there other mods also lined up for update?
- If so, are they parallel projects or do you start one only after finishing the one before?

Thanks for the answers! And anyone adding up more questions, please think of the rookies!
Psieye

Re: PI updating / creating weapon mod for WOTC

Post by Psieye »

From what I hear, modding for WotC is a different beast to vanilla XCOM 2. It makes sense PI should start small.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

If you search for "Long War" under XCOM 2 Steam Workshop, you'll find a number of mods that Pavonis put out for XCOM 2 that had the features they later put together to make the full Long War 2 mod: Long War Leader Pack, Long War Alien Pack, Long War Toolbox, Long War Laser Pack, Long War Perk Pack, Long War SMG Pack.

Looks like they may take the same approach with WotC. Such component mods are a lot simpler than a full Long War 2 for WotC.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

This is cool and all, but there are already fan versions of these mods updated to work with WotC
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Torquemada wrote:
- Is this a commissioned mod?
It's not a newly commissioned mod; we're updating it in our spare time.