Psi Gate Activity?

Swiftless

Psi Gate Activity?

Post by Swiftless »

Does the Codex Brain Coordinates/Psi Gate mission ever get below Swarming+ for enemy activity level?
8wayz

Re: Psi Gate Activity?

Post by 8wayz »

Nope, it should be the same grade of mission as HQ assault - expect a lot of enemies there. :)
faket15

Post by faket15 »

The Psi Gate is Very Heavy at Strength 1, Swarming+ at Strength 2-3, Swarming+++ at Strength 4 and Swarming+++++ at Strength 5 or higher. This doesn't include the final pod that spawns from the gate.

The Forge is Swarming at Strength 1-2 and Swarming++++ at 3 or higher.
Swiftless

Post by Swiftless »

Got it. Still working on completing my first campaign and this is as far as I've gone, ever. I've been sitting on it hoping it would go down, the original mission expectation was displaying something like HEAVY so I was hoping it would go down but at 172% it's still SWARMING+. I remembered from one of my previous questions that golden path type missions tend to have a hard cap on activity level so I thought I'd double check rather than sitting on it and wasting more time or going in and found it I could have ticked it lower.

Thanks for the info.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

Just n that note, in my WotC campaign, my VERY DIFFICULT psi gate mission had 12 enemies on it. I had a little chuckle
Noober

Post by Noober »

Expect to fight 40+ ayys in whole and 8-12 at once. Lots of bugs some codices are guarantee.
Bring couple of dfa-kubikiri-crit-AMF/DT snipers for s.commander, muton elites and the last pod.
Hazmat vest is a must for all those who will move first as it prevent bug's poison to the death.
Shinoby scouting is limited there because of hidden bugs who could detect and immediately attack+posion your shinoby when you least expect it.
Support spec. grenadier with FK and tons of fire/sting+BB is welcome there (for MECs/codices in particular).
Hack stacking spec with FO would also be good to controle+FO a couple of MECs (there are always MECs there at least for me and the best about MEC there is that they all immune to poison by default).
PSI past SGT with stasis and Domination would be great for Archons in particular.
Don't move until most of ayys is killed.
This is a testament of your patience.
Swiftless

Post by Swiftless »

Your advice is solid and I appreciate it but I'll have to wait until next time to try some of it. Ran it last night to finally get it out of the way. Ended up getting swarmed with some early activations, mostly my fault because I used a Fully Overrided Secotpod to chase after a pod of sneaky snakes. I also had the Muton Elite pod path right into me before my Shinobi scout saw'em. I'm pretty sure it would have been a squad wipe without the Secotopd tanking a bazillion shots. Ended up having something like 25 activated ayy's at one time and the resulting fire fight pretty much pulled the rest in. Got a little dicey but I pulled through and came out the other side none the worse for wear.