Insanity

Snipethis

Insanity

Post by Snipethis »

I dont know if its a bug or not but sometimes when I try Insanity on advent I get the preview percentage.. say 70% or 90%, but when I try it Perfect Information tells me "0% Hit, 0% Crit, 0% Dodge" and obviously misses.

Is this just a bad roll (miss) and Perfect Information didnt work? Its odd as it works most of the time when using Insanity.
Or is there a bug in the game and the preview % is wrong?

Any ideas?
Tac1

Re: Insanity

Post by Tac1 »

Well, it's XCOM. So assuming your mod isn't bad, the game could just be doing what it usually does, which is unapologetically screwing you for the sake of it.
Snipethis

Post by Snipethis »

I missed a 100% hit from my point blank assault last night. LOLed.
FYI... I have 10% graze band..
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

I've had several Faceless miss "100%" swipes at me. Perfect Information isn't perfect for some things.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Snipethis wrote:I missed a 100% hit from my point blank assault last night. LOLed.
That can happen against high dodge enemies. You rolled poorly and ended up in the graze band, and then the alien dodged and "downgraded" your graze to a miss.
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Snipethis wrote:I missed a 100% hit from my point blank assault last night. LOLed.
I've had the same thing happen to me, and I keep the graze band at 0. Apparently there's still a chance for it to trigger if the roll is exactly on the money, and it's annoying how frequently that apparently happens.
Snipethis

Post by Snipethis »

So anyone have any idea as to whats happening with the Perfect Info stuff? Because if its really 0% hit then I will stop wasting an action point on it.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

It's definitely not actually 0%. Perfect Information will just report it as 0% when it fails. In my current campaign, I have 4 or 5 PsiOps and I spam insanity all the time. The percentages reported by the "shot preview" feel correct based on my results. Insanity is great, you should use it.
Snipethis

Post by Snipethis »

Despite what most people think - I love Psi's. They are absolutely clutch when it comes to control and saving the "oh hell" moment. I have 6 operating and I always take one in every team. It also ensures the Psi Chamber is always training 2 guys.

I recently added "Make Psi Great Again" mod to see what all the fuss was about. It adds quite a lot of cool stuff but the choices I have made for my current Psi's are now sub-optimal so I was thinking of retraining them in the AWC and re-picking my skills. Has anyone tried this?