Hunter's instinct/do enemies shot in OW count as flanked?

Icarus

Hunter's instinct/do enemies shot in OW count as flanked?

Post by Icarus »

I rolled several OW perks on a Shinobi and need to decide whether to give him hunter's instinct. Does anyone know whether shots during OW on an enemy not in cover count as flanked for the purpose of hunter's instinct?
Dwarfling

Re: Hunter's instinct/do enemies shot in OW count as flanked?

Post by Dwarfling »

Maybe if HI counts when the enemy is exposed, which doesn't explicitly says and haven't tested yet.
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

The overwatch shot against a coverable enemy is a flank shot at the most cases. If you have Hunter`s Instinct, you will got the flank damage. I have tested this before.

In additional, you will have the flank crit chance(+40%) against the coverable enemy on overwatch. However, you can`t crit them before you unlock CuP(cool under pressure). So, stack on crit is a good idea for a Cup overwatch build. They remove the Killzone from the perk tree of Sharpshooter, is one thing annoyed me long. The Hunter`s Instinct and Killzone would be very strong on Sharpshooter.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

rifleman wrote:The overwatch shot against a coverable enemy is a flank shot at the most cases. If you have Hunter`s Instinct, you will got the flank damage. I have tested this before.

In additional, you will have the flank crit chance(+40%) against the coverable enemy on overwatch. However, you can`t crit them before you unlock CuP(cool under pressure). So, stack on crit is a good idea for a Cup overwatch build. They remove the Killzone from the perk tree of Sharpshooter, is one thing annoyed me long. The Hunter`s Instinct and Killzone would be very strong on Sharpshooter.
Sounds like I need to re-think my priorities on OWers. Thanks for the info.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

I have tested it in War of the Chosen (where it is available only on Rangers) and it procs on Overwatch shots as well. Yep, it can be great if you can crit on an Overwatch shot. :)
SamXjones

Post by SamXjones »

rifleman wrote:They remove the Killzone from the perk tree of Sharpshooter, is one thing annoyed me long.
but... but... but killzone on sharpshooter is so good :cry:
It is like Technical with shadowstrike + bring'em on good