Rendezvous Retalation (Faceless Missions) doesn´t work correctly??

Pryda4ever

Rendezvous Retalation (Faceless Missions) doesn´t work correctly??

Post by Pryda4ever »

Hi everyone, i want to ask that if it´s normal that in the info of mission it says Faceless 2 but inside the map you find 4 instead 2,14 hp each one, wtfff?? you must kill all this people (9 with advent soldiers) with 1 soldier and 4 resistance members (bad weapons)??, is a bug or it is fine?? Legend Ironman, thanks.
-------------------------------------------Image------------------------------------
Psieye

Re: Rendezvous Retalation (Faceless Missions) doesn´t work correctly??

Post by Psieye »

That meant 2 rebels are actually Faceless. Whether the pods ALSO have Faceless is another matter.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Pryda4ever

Post by Pryda4ever »

Psieye wrote:That meant 2 rebels are actually Faceless. Whether the pods ALSO have Faceless is another matter.
Really?? xD and how do you think you can kill those enemies with so much life and those poor weapons? Faceless 14hp x4 +5 advent, if you grazed, miss... :( uff
-------------------------------------------Image------------------------------------
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

- With a good Advisor: don't put under-leveled trash soldiers if you have a small haven. Personally I like Gunners with decent aim.

- With some patience: recon the place, check where the faceless are, identify the pattern of the roaming pod.

- With a good plan: ambush the roaming pod as far away of the faceless pod, preferably with a Beagle maneuver (have the pod break your concealment on their turn with everyone set in overwatch) or some nasty AoE. Remember where you can move without spotting the faceless pod before cleaning the roaming pod. Then set up an overwatch wall against the faceless pod. If there're more faceless than you can deal with in a turn, flashbang and move away from them.

If the odds are too overwhelming (crap advisor, few rebels) then you can consider throwing the evac and failing the mission. No loot nor bodies but the faceless will be gone.
Phaseless

Post by Phaseless »

Dwarfling wrote:- With a good Advisor: don't put under-leveled trash soldiers if you have a small haven. Personally I like Gunners with decent aim.

- With some patience: recon the place, check where the faceless are, identify the pattern of the roaming pod.

- With a good plan: ambush the roaming pod as far away of the faceless pod, preferably with a Beagle maneuver (have the pod break your concealment on their turn with everyone set in overwatch) or some nasty AoE. Remember where you can move without spotting the faceless pod before cleaning the roaming pod. Then set up an overwatch wall against the faceless pod. If there're more faceless than you can deal with in a turn, flashbang and move away from them.

If the odds are too overwhelming (crap advisor, few rebels) then you can consider throwing the evac and failing the mission. No loot nor bodies but the faceless will be gone.
Those are some good tips, thanks.
Have been Messing up some of those Rendezvous missions because I was too hasty a padawan.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Faceless are 14 Mobility and have range 3 on their claw swipe. They can't Fleche so they need to swing after moving up to 9 tiles. Provided you've killed everything else, a 12 Mobility rebel dashing (up to 16 tiles) should never get attacked by the Faceless. Assault rifles shooting at range 18 should similarly never get attacked by the Faceless.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Phaseless

Post by Phaseless »

Against faceless (even with Advent remaining) I like to set overwatch traps since they don't Regenerate the damage they take during their turn. Then, they're easier to finish off while hopefully some rebels remain to flashbang remaining Advent.