Modding first Alien Ruler encounter?

Dwarfling

Modding first Alien Ruler encounter?

Post by Dwarfling »

If I enable Alien Hunters: The Nest then I lose at least 1 early PoI, which can be stupid important. If you grab the weapons (only the Axe is good and the upgrades are stupid expensive), then you lose 2 PoI.

If I disable The Nest you get your PoIs, but then the Viper King can show as early as April, most likely when you're still on Ballistic. That's not ok on my books.

Q: Any way of delaying the first Viper King encounter until, I dunno, June-July? Couldn't find a way in the .inis
SonnyWiFiHr

Re: Modding first Alien Ruler encounter?

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Found wrong info.
The Preacher
faket15

Post by faket15 »

The minimum Force for each ruler is in the ruler templates in the mod's version of XComGameData.ini

Minimum Force is 4 for the Viper King, 9 for the Berserker Queen and 12 for the Archon King.

One thing I don't know whether or not you are aware of is the fact that in LW2 rulers only spawn in some mission types: Troop Columns (but not Supply Raids), UFOs, Facilities, HQ Assaults, Golden Path missions and the Avenger Defense.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Oh I know where they spawn, I just had to fight Viper King on April 18th with 6 soldiers using ballistics on a Light-Moderate Troop Column. It wasn't nice having him circle around the rainbow pod.

Thanks, I think I'll move Viper King to at least Force Level 6, I'd like to at least have Magnetic Weapons against him, like on vanilla, maybe Incendiaries. Do you know if the appearance of "The Nest" PoI's can also be delayed? Right now it's 1st PoI for the weapons, and it seems like if I clear it, then the next PoI is immediatly The Nest. It'd be nice to at least be able to get some regular PoIs before those show up.