*Help* - How can I turn off yellow alert free shots

RedBelmont86

*Help* - How can I turn off yellow alert free shots

Post by RedBelmont86 »

Just come back to the game after over a year, thanks to a broken PC, and after three days of tinkering I've finally got the game (and all my chosen mods) running sweet as a nut. Started Long War 2 up and ran into this mechanic which I am not at all keen on, and so was hoping someone out there could guide me on how to edit the .ini file to effectively turn off the enemy shoot chance on reveal? Apparently it's caused when unrevealed enemies in "yellow alert" are revealed.

I've had a look for a Long War 2 compatible mod that would do the job and found nothing so any help would be appreciated.

Spent last night looking at forums and discussions for any way to do this, along with all the arguments for and against the enemy getting free shots in yellow alert and personally I don't enjoy the game with this mechanic on so want rid of it.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: *Help* - How can I turn off yellow alert free shots

Post by johnnylump »

In the file XComLW_Overhaul.ini, line 190 through 199, set all of these to zero:

; Controls how frequently a scampering alien will receive an extra action point when they activate on their own turn while in yellow alert. This uses the yellow action table.
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_YELLOW[0]=0.0
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_YELLOW[1]=0.20
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_YELLOW[2]=0.33
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_YELLOW[3]=0.38

; Controls how frequently a scampering alien will receive an extra action point when they activate on their own turn while in green alert. This uses the green action table.
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_GREEN[0]=0
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_GREEN[1]=0.20
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_GREEN[2]=0.33
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_GREEN[3]=0.50
RedBelmont86

Re: *Help* - How can I turn off yellow alert free shots

Post by RedBelmont86 »

Thank you sir, much obliged.

:D