Commander mag and psi rush campaigns

gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Commander mag and psi rush campaigns

Post by gimrah »

I don't know about respec. It takes a long time. Making best use of what you have is probably better than all out min-maxing. I've had some soldiers do really well from unpromising stats.

I reckon RT sharp is quite a good option for a rookie that promotes with quick study and/or weak aim. (Really bad aim is going in a haven but say 60-65). I've never made the phantom build work: they are usually too slow with too big a detection radius. But they can be nifty with pistols and as officers. Unlikely to become A team but a viable use of an otherwise low potential soldier.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

If you're doing a Mag rush, there is merit in considering 1~2 respec Snipers (before they become Sgt). They get fed kill XP to Cpl, then are denied kill XP to minimise waste XP while they await the Sgt promotion. That period when you have Mag rifles but ballistic sniper rifles? What's a sniper going to be doing in that period? May as well respec them while Adv Mag Rifles are under research.

As for the fat detection of the phantom sniper, this is mainly an issue when trying to scout ahead with them. They are great for camping at a flank without activating a pod that happens to wander over.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

And I forgot that name of this thread is - Commander mag and psi rush

On Commander I just send my whole barracks on first three missions (minimal infiltration), contact second region, contact third region.
I can make loop at this point (Vigilance cycle) or get more greedy - contact cheap 4th region.
Then I just pick what I need. RNG can't screw you if you have 4 regions and if you delay HQ.

So rush is simple - expand - pick scientist and supply (Lib 1 will give you enough intel). Build Psi Lab (at this point research is cheap).
Cost of contact is quite low and just doing lib 2 will net you Scientists.
Skipping minor missions like POI (gambling on good reward) or S&G will free up your team for holly grail of research - plenty of Scientist.
I broke Commander in first month by doing that (hack when you miss / low infiltration every mission).

Best part of it - you will be always better than Advent in terms of tech and experience
- you can research Laser ( why to skip it)
- you will doing far more missions
- you will have more supply (buy that Scientist and build everything)
- your soldiers will have equipment and EXP
- you will start Legendary campaign
The Preacher
llll BlackFlag

Post by llll BlackFlag »

SonnyWiFiHr wrote:And I forgot that name of this thread is - Commander mag and psi rush

On Commander I just send my whole barracks on first three missions (minimal infiltration), contact second region, contact third region.
I can make loop at this point (Vigilance cycle) or get more greedy - contact cheap 4th region.
Then I just pick what I need. RNG can't screw you if you have 4 regions and if you delay HQ.

So rush is simple - expand - pick scientist and supply (Lib 1 will give you enough intel). Build Psi Lab (at this point research is cheap).
Cost of contact is quite low and just doing lib 2 will net you Scientists.
Skipping minor missions like POI (gambling on good reward) or S&G will free up your team for holly grail of research - plenty of Scientist.
I broke Commander in first month by doing that (hack when you miss / low infiltration every mission).

Best part of it - you will be always better than Advent in terms of tech and experience
- you can research Laser ( why to skip it)
- you will doing far more missions
- you will have more supply (buy that Scientist and build everything)
- your soldiers will have equipment and EXP
- you will start Legendary campaign
How are you putting havens on supply and having enough intel to discover lib chain missions?
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

llll BlackFlag wrote: How are you putting havens on supply and having enough intel to discover lib chain missions?
I don't think he meant putting havens on supply. Also note he doesn't care how much time is left when missions are detected. I at least waited until June to break the infiltration game, he's doing it from March - on the grounds that he hasn't invested much playtime if he splats.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

No supply for haven - recruit/intel.

I did one 0% infiltration Lib 1 (first one) by mistake. Almost screwed my strategy timing because I could not send Avenger on two places at same time (Black market and next bulk of missions).
I avoid 0% early .
50%-70% is enough above 70% there is not enough Advent on map. +/-3 enemy is not a big difference.
This should be done early while strength and force level are low. If 100% will give you extrem. light - 50%-70% will give you light up to moderate. When Force level rise up infiltrate more. If you can handle 18 Advent + reinforcements with FULL squad go and try it.
Everything above is done with Full squad with lots of bombs.

Normal play.
You will end up in small teams of 3-4 to cover all of those extra missions (do not blame me if you try that). Meaning that you will have a lot of casualties and less loot. Best to put 3rd haven on full recruit and not contact 4th region. No rushing here.

Synchronizing two regions.
Detect missions in first region. Put all of your soldiers on it. Switch to second region, detect missions. When you detect all missions in second region execute missions in first region. All at same time - IMPORTANT . Deploy all soldiers to missions in second region and scan in first region
. Liberation 1 and 2,3 requires your best soldiers rest of missions can even be rookies (SMG bomb ).
Expand to 3rd and 4th region because you are producing Vigilance quite fast. Vigilance 6-7 will block good missions (Scientist).
Rotate regions and spawn Scientist / rookies / rebels. Delay HQ until you have double size of barracks .
When you master this you will notice that you have more than 5 full squads because Jailbreak on full haven will produce 3-5 rookies and four full haven will mass produce rookies when you need them. Pick best and snowball the game.

Don't forget to rotate rebels
- intel when you are detecting
-recruit when you are not detecting - forget about splitting - you need time for Synchronizing two regions .
Use scientist in combo with Avenger. You will have ton of them
The Preacher
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Rush break point is fifth region.
All extra 4 regions have one thing in common they are cheap to contact.
You can't raise Vigilance that much so you will have endless supply of scientist/ jailbreaks.
Scientist / rebels will ensure better detection without Avenger.

Most income and EXP will come from supply raids.
Don't focus your tiny teams on non-important missions.
You don't need to do - Synchronizing two regions (no need) actually don't focus to much time on single region.

Never stop expanding if you want to dominate the game - tip for every difficulty

Be prepared for raids. Scientist are not important when you can spawn them in high numbers, intel/detection is always limiting factor.
You will be able to send big squads on most of the missions (loot). Just have patience and build up big havens to detect super easy missions.
You must rush big havens in multiple regions not technology

Have fun with both approach.
The Preacher