Psi rush 1.5 edition

Psieye

Re: Psi rush 1.5 edition

Post by Psieye »

That is indeed our theory. Note that Aid Prot and Smoke give +Def not +Dodge. To really guarantee Combatitives is doing its job, wear Nanoweave (-25 enemy crit) or learn Resilience at AWC (-50) if available.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
faket15

Post by faket15 »

Don't know where the idea of skipping Advanced Mags comes from, but it doesn't work. The requisites for Coilguns are Elerium and Advanced Mag, not Elerium and Mag.
Redshirt4life

Post by Redshirt4life »

Smoke, aid protocol, hard target, adv. Agility PCS, high base agility, nanoscale vest, and evasive.
Tanknobi

It procced each time...I think, and it did this for two straight rounds.
I say 'I think' because it was getting a little buggy on the aliens turn and I wasn't exactly sure how it went down. He may have just dodged. All I know is that when the smoke cleared he was still standing and everything around him was dead, I think from friendly fire.

About smoke. Smoke adds defense, but it also removes the flanked penalty. Since most melee attacks are flanks, its potentianally reducing crit chance by 40% as well.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

That makes sense.

I can confirm the downside part. Had a shinobi with combatives gutted like a fish by a muton. First attack of the turn. Worked fine the previous turn. The soldier had >10 base dodge so >100 including the combatives bonus.

I think what happened is mutons have 10 base crit chance on higher difficulties. It must have rolled that, got downgraded to a regular hit by the dodge. And a non-crit muton melee hit still does a ton of damage.

And in that moment I had a vague memory of joinrbs explaining why combatives shinobis should always where nanoscale or get resilience in the AWC. That would be why.
Redshirt4life

Post by Redshirt4life »

Just a quick update since I posted this and followed some of the advice here. I'm finishing adv. Coils early september. Psi units did pick up the slack though. Researched Skullmining so I can Mind control everything. No regrets. I also rely on flame technicals pretty heavily for CC because I tend to pull extra pods with mind control.

I'm having success with 0% troop columns and trying my best to farm them. I Mind control the tougher targets and use them as meat shields while the flame techs push forward. Its pretty chaotic pulling extra pods, but its working out alright.