Controlling Vigilance and Strength

willdabeast85

Controlling Vigilance and Strength

Post by willdabeast85 »

What are your guys strategies for controlling Vig and Str of regions.

Haven Personnel: Do they increase Vig by doing a job (Other than hiding)?
Doing a mission increases Vig by +1? (Unless its a "get their attention" mission, which does more) correct?

How long does it take to lower Vig in a region?

Does doing the liberation chain permanently raise Vig and Str?
For example, I am on Part 4 (Tower) of a Region's Liberation. Vig is high and Str is 5. If I set Haven to hiding and don't do missions in that region, will these decrease?
Psieye

Re: Controlling Vigilance and Strength

Post by Psieye »

Search for posts authored by "faket15" with keyword "Vigilance" in this subforum. That'll get you more accurate information than what I'm writing below.

Vig increases from successful missions. In most cases, Vig is only increased in the region where you did the mission but intercepting Advent moving a legion (supply train) generates Vig in surrounding regions. Vig only decays in contacted regions. Rebels don't increase Vig, but if they are working then they delay its decay. For a medium-ish region, Vig decays by 1 if no missions there were successful in the last 7 days.

Vig is only one factor in determining how much Str a region wants. This distinction is important: Vig also acts as a throttle on what GOp mission types can spawn in a given region. Doing the liberation chain further increases Advent's desired Str beyond the successful missions adding Vig. Actually finishing the liberation chain makes the neighbouring regions get +2 desired Str.

So there's a couple nasty traps when contacting a new region. If you've been doing a lot of supply raids, i.e. stopping trains bringing legions in, and those trains were coming from uncontacted regions, those places will be getting hot. Even if you let all trains through, if you've liberated a region then go contact a neighbour, that place will be 'permanently' (until Advent undoes your liberation) desiring extra Str. Advent doesn't care if you've contacted a region for it to request reinforcements.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/ADV ... enda_(LW2)

Rebel activities are missions that you need to check.
High Value Prisoner 0-6
Political Prisoners 0-7
Facility lead 0-10
Protect data 0-12

If you are not detecting missions Vigilance is to high. Contact another region. In Always expanding scenario you can control buildup of strength by just spreading vigilance (missions) unevenly. Contacted region will always decay Vigilance. Starting time is last mission.
About Liberation chain Psieye description is right. They get hot and Advent will guard them.
Advent is "producing" Strength and Avatar pips. Lots of vigilance just means that it will produce more Strength and less Avatar pips.
Check your Global Vigilance in Commander quarters. If it is extreme Advent will just dump more strength - no game over
The Preacher
llll BlackFlag

Post by llll BlackFlag »

Can vigilance still decay after discovering the network tower and/or HQ? I have never waited long enough to find out
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

It will decay.
It is constant process.
Extra Strength or vigilance in neighboring region is only added when you complete some activities .
Liberation chain - calls for strength.
Troop columns for example kills strength in transfer.
Supply raid will add vigilance (chance percent) in neighboring region but nothing in yours (free mission). < Did reading of ini. but forgot

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... =925598042

This mod show vigilance. So you don't need to count.

If you are unsure 6 missions on legendary should not stop you from getting nice missions. 7 to 10 days should pass before you finish - not start next mission . It counts only finished missions. Every finished missions adds 1 Vigilance and it can drop while you are infiltrating another.
Failure do not count. You can drop into mission and fail on purpose if you wan't.
You can have problem only in few cases :
You are in one region and you are doing Liberation chain. This is 3 missions at same time. You will hit 7 or 8. This is only one week of waiting.
You are doing 0% infiltration. Than count - 6 missions is max and then do one mission per 7-10 days. You will still get missions that spawns up to 12 vigilance. No Problem here.
Maximum number of GOPs is limited 12 missions per month commander , 9 Legendary. So game is limiting missions anyway.
Contact another region - problem solved in any case .
You will not run out of missions.
Early in game when you wan't intel, scientist, engs and rebels they are important, later you will skip them.
The Preacher
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Hiding won't benefit you in the long run, it's mostly a tactic to avoid retaliations in regions that are too strong or moments where you're vulnerable. What you want to do is contact as many regions as you can as early as possible, then focus the majority of the missions in a single region while you let the others' vigilance decay. Meanwhile you either run recruit on the "quiet" regions or run intel to pick and choose important missions. Or a mix of both. Once the mission region blows up in strenght, you switch it to Supply and move along to one of your quiet regions that should have less vigilance and streght. You'll get Supply raids there but those are easy and give free exp. The region might never be usable for missions in the campaign depending on how much vigilance you raised, but it'll keep a lot of ADVENT legions busy while you move to greener pastures.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

you switch it to Supply and move along to one of your quiet regions that should have less vigilance and streght. You'll get Supply raids there but those are easy and give free exp
Just to clarify, Dwarfling meant Supply mini-retals. Not to be confused with intercepting a supply train that's moving a legion.

You may reach a point where you can do supply train missions comfortably. If you want to farm them, make sure to note if they could have come from uncontacted regions. The extra resources and EXP from them is not worth it if you then contact a region and it's already at Str 8 or so when you really wanted a new spawning ground for GOps.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Right answer for this thread.
Never stop expanding and forget everything that is written on this thread.
It is hard to follow all explanations (- for new guys).

Every new region make you stronger but you don't need to rush contact .
Resistance communication tech will open you second and third region.
Contact second region and contact third region when you are ready. Don't sit in one - I could swear that all "you tubers" just sit in one and I can't find any reason to do this .
My first step is always second region after that I don't care about vigilance because I can't cover 3 regions and 4th region is cheap to contact.

This is 50th thread about Vigilance and strength. Search button is enough for finding all answers - in depth.
The Preacher