Unconscious soldiers can activate?!?

gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Unconscious soldiers can activate?!?

Post by gimrah »

HQ mission. Gunner gets knocked unconscious by centurion that LoS hacked my suppression. C'est la vie.

Once the rest is cleared out, my shinobi finds the command pod and some vipers are standing still right at the back of the HQ building. So I have to circle round the whole map to get LoS.

I kill the vipers, putting the command pod on alert. The command pod goes on a flank job and sets off away from me, forcing a whole new game of hide and seek.

Then it sees my unconscious gunner and activates, out of sight from my soldiers but while I'm out of the position. At which point I decide I'm bored of this crap and savescum the activation.

Does anyone know if that's intended behaviour / always the case?
SonnyWiFiHr

Re: Unconscious soldiers can activate?!?

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

He was not invisible.
The Preacher
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

This game can be very punishing about things you don't know. For example, a Codex can be stunned but it snaps out of it immediatly. Or remember the first time you tried to slash a Muton?
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

He wasn't invisible no but it's inconsistent since dead soldiers don't activate (I don't think).

It was kind of funny really. Advent standing around my guy looking angry. My guy is like "Go away, I'm sleeping". And then they wander off in separate directions.

I could have sucked it up to be honest. Probably no-one would have died. But I'd logged on after a long day to kill something before bed, and spending 20 minutes playing hide and seek with a command pod only to end in a random activation wasn't really what I had in mind.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Be glad that soldier wasn't bleeding out while wearing a Mindshield. Using Revival Protocol on such a soldier skips the 'unconscious' step so enemies will immediately shoot him dead on their next turn.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

I agree. To many things require -read ini.
Just tried to read XcomAi.ini.
; *** MOVEMENT PROFILES ***

I can only speculate what is fEnemyVisWeightPeak1=2.0 .
If it is visible - pod will react to it. Pod leader will try to get high cover, rest will try any cover and take shoot if it is above 50% or overwatch.

+LastResortTargetEffects=(EffectName="Stunned")
+LastResortTargetEffects=(EffectName="Unconscious")
+LastResortTargetEffects=(EffectName="Suppressed")
This is for AI and targeting priority. They are de-prioritized but not excluded entirely.
Same thing as Psieye's answer .
Last edited by SonnyWiFiHr on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Preacher
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Actually not quite, I was pointing to the bug where the soldier gets revived straight to action but the graphics still display him as down.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

I found more staff.
; These are invisible governors of decreasing utility of the supply job. Home region gets exactly Min+Rand, all other regions get between Min and Min + (2 * rand). After the cap is reached, supply income will go down, to 50% of baseline when 2*cap are taken
SupplyCap_Min = 2000
SupplyCap_Rand = 500

Home region is supply trap. What is home region ? Starting or Liberated ?
The Preacher
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Home region is starting region I believe. I remember reading something about there being more resource in home region. I guess it's assumed you're more likely to liberate there and wanted to reduce the strategic RNG slightly.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

SonnyWiFiHr wrote: I can only speculate what is fEnemyVisWeightPeak1=2.0 .
If it is visible - pod will react to it. Pod leader will try to get high cover, rest will try any cover and take shoot if it is above 50% or overwatch.
Doesn't do exactly what you think it does. This is one of the two variables that say how the number of visible XCom soldiers affects the function that decides where the enemy should move to. Most movement profiles give more weight to this variable while more aggressive profiles use the other version. This version gives maximum value to tiles where only one XCom soldier is visible and goes down when the number increases, but 0 visible XCom soldiers still give minimum value. The other version goes up when the number of visible soldiers increase. I did a post on reddit almost two years ago about AI behaviour. It is for vanilla, but at least it will help you understand things better.

The link is http://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/4 ... out_alien/
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Thanks.
It is XcomAiJobs.ini + vanilla XcomAiJobs.ini and XcomAi.ini + vanilla XcomAi.ini explained.
XComLW_PodManager will assign jobs for mission pods .
I don't like flank and defend for sure. And there is to much intercept / yellow alert separate intercept

; The default case for non-guard pods in yellow alert: Intercept
there is 25 % chance for guard pod to go intercept or stay in guard mod if they have tag intercept
Guard pod with tag defense is always on defense

; If a pod that already has a job enters yellow alert, it will keep that job. Otherwise, it'll drop the job and roll for
; a new one.
+JobsToMaintainAcrossAlert=Flank
+JobsToMaintainAcrossAlert=Block
+JobsToMaintainAcrossAlert=Defend

; The list of valid jobs is currently:
;
; Guard - Pod will move to the objective
; Block - Pod will attempt to move between the objective and XCOM's last known position. Similar to
; the "upthrottling" location.
; Intercept - Pod will attempt to move to intercept XCOM at their last known position.
; Flank - Pod will attempt to set up off to the side of XCOM's last known position and then approach
; from that side.
; Defend - Pod will move to the objective and remain there

Still don't care about advent alertness. Faster they come - sooner it is done. Force Level 3 can change that only if I can't have normal detection times. Will keep rifles

So gimrah had Block or Intercept or Flank. Last known position is guilty for detection
The Preacher
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Must have been Flank. They knew where I was because the vipers saw me as I killed them. And they probably heard the gunfire too. The unconscious soldier just happened to be on the way.
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Did I wrote that I don't like defend ?
I like defend ----- >/ snipe / bomb / rocket.
The Preacher
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Defend works well on GOps because you have to fight through a pod to win.

On HQs and supply raids it causes a hiaitus as you finish the main fight and then creep across the map to find the last pod.