What's the chance of Find a Lead mission succeeding?

Unfawkable

What's the chance of Find a Lead mission succeeding?

Post by Unfawkable »

I've done 3 FAL missions in 2 regions each, and I still don't have a lead. What is the percentage of an FAL mission actually giving you a lead?
Dwarfling

Re: What's the chance of Find a Lead mission succeeding?

Post by Dwarfling »

What are you looking for exactly?

- Lib 1 says Find a Lead with only intel and no intel package.
- Facility Leads dead giveaway are rescue scientist with an intel package. Easier to detect on Facility regions (you know what they are when the pip ticks). I have however found them from common intel packages too.
Unfawkable

Post by Unfawkable »

Dwarfling wrote:What are you looking for exactly?

- Lib 1 says Find a Lead with only intel and no intel package.
- Facility Leads dead giveaway are rescue scientist with an intel package. Easier to detect on Facility regions (you know what they are when the pip ticks). I have however found them from common intel packages too.
I'm looking for the liberation chain beginning mission. I've done several, but so far no further liberation missions appear, and I don't have the dot next to the name of the haven.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Dwarfling has given you the answer. We don't think of "Find a Lead succeeding" because we know exactly which mission is the start of the liberation chain before we send a squad out.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Redshirt4life

Post by Redshirt4life »

I think lib 1-2 are hard to detect. You'll need everyone on intel plus the avenger and you'll have to be sure there are no faceless hindering intel gathering in order to be sure you find it with enough time consistently.
Unfawkable

Post by Unfawkable »

Yes, after dwarfling advised, I noticed that FAL missions with only intel as a reward appear with very little time to infiltrate, 2-3 days usually.
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

http://daydull.com/gaming/long-war-2-li ... on-xcom-2/

Search the web.

@ Unfawkable - this are quite important hard to detect missions.
The Preacher
Unfawkable

Post by Unfawkable »

SonnyWiFiHr wrote:http://daydull.com/gaming/long-war-2-li ... on-xcom-2/

Search the web.

@ Unfawkable - this are quite important hard to detect missions.
Okay, I understood that, so I amped up intel rebels when searching. But even when I have 8 rebels on intel, a scientist there and the avenger scanning, I still only find the Lib 2 mission with 3 days remaining max. This isn't enough to send a 5 man squad even with boosting infiltration. I feel this to be significantly sharper than on Veteran.

Edit: Okay, scratch that, I just got it in the same region on 6 days. It appears I've just been hugely unlucky.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

A discussion of mission detection mechanics is here. You'll have to look up the parameters for Lib 2, but the point is that every 6 hours (after a certain threshold) you roll dice to see if you detect a mission. It's what makes Lib missions a wrench in planning: you're never certain when you'll find another Lib 2/3 with good infiltration time and as those two have a +3 Str modifier you become even more motivated to get them done before Str rises in the region.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Lib2 is difficult to detect AND has +strength modifier. If I get one I can do with a boost then I probably will.

Lib3 ditto in theory. Except there's a bug so that the second time it appears it will be detected immediately with a good timer. So just wait for that. And don't feel bad about it - it's not like liberation is easy even so!
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

8 rebels are to low for good detection. 10 or more rebels + sci + Avenger and good dice. On Commander skip low timers

I m getting 10 day mission in STR 4 region with 5 rebels. Then I checked all my detections . Everything I rolled is in 10-8 days range (with 5-6 rebels first set of missions).
Only thing I did is quit the game to write my post. ALT - TAB-ing can crash the game and my mouse is locked in game so second monitor is off.
Somehow quitting the game before first set of missions can produce extreme timers and second mission is always in 24 h range.
Never had such good timers and so many. I have earlier save and I will try not to interrupt seed - will compare results.
They just pop up in 6h intervals. I can't be lucky 20 times in row.

[ Edit ] Wrong they popup +/- 1 day almost exactly at same spot. 4 Str region is rolling quite a lot 3-5 days difference and more (5 rebels + sci + avg) but this is normal even on Str 1.
The Preacher