Do WOTC mods work with Long War 2?

Sarcasm

Do WOTC mods work with Long War 2?

Post by Sarcasm »

Specifically soldier customization mods. Obviously mods that edit the campaign would not work but I'm talking pure soldier cosmetics and weapons. I'm asking since I haven't played Long war 2 since it was on version 1.2 so I was thinking about giving the finished version a try, but I don't own WOTC and don't want to buy it for the cosmetic mods that require it only to find they don't work with LW2.
8wayz

Re: Do WOTC mods work with Long War 2?

Post by 8wayz »

Any mod dedicated for WotC will not work with Long War 2. Essentially base Xcom2 and WotC are two separate games, they have separate .exe files as well. When you install WotC a launcher is added to the game where you can choose whether to fire up the base game or the expansion. You can also have separate mod lists for both .exe files.

You will still be able to play the base game with Long War 2, but no WotC will work with it.
cryptc

Re: Do WOTC mods work with Long War 2?

Post by cryptc »

There's a few cosmetic things that work on both, like tattoo mods, color palette mods, etc...

But anything that adds new armors/weapons etc, is specific to each version... generally the mod will mention in its description if it works for both.